breaking in a Fobus paddle holster

rockman

rockman
I have a fobus paddle holster for my new G19. I have the same holster for my S&W Sigma and my Ruger SP101. On the glock holster, the fit is very snug and wondering if anyone has a solution to loosen it up?

Bill

I had one for my M&P45 and was not all that happy with the fit. I exchanged it for the Blackhawk Serpa and found that better. The only issue I have with that style of holster is that they kinda stick out too far from my side.

Anyway. Try this (Unloaded gun, of course). If you have a hair dryer heat the holster evenly. Take the unloaded gun and put it into a sock. With the holster heated push the gun in the sock into the holster and let it stay in there overnight. I use the procedure (no heat) to loosen my leather holsters when they hold a little too firmly.

Peace.

Thanks for the tip. I also bought a EO Tech holster that really stuck out when I carried so I went for the fobus which rides close..

Thanks for the tip. I also bought a EO Tech holster that really stuck out when I carried so I went for the fobus which rides close..

Is a leather OWB out of the question? If not check out the DeSantis line. I have 2 and have grown to like them more than the composite holsters. I'll post some pictures.

Peace...

The material that Fobus uses is not Kydex. I had trouble with mine for my G-27 and G-33. It would pull the holster off your belt before it would release the firearm. You can't heat it to reform the holster like you can do with Kydex. I put them on the shelf and made my own Kydex holsters for them.

The material that Fobus uses is not Kydex. I had trouble with mine for my G-27 and G-33. It would pull the holster off your belt before it would release the firearm. You can't heat it to reform the holster like you can do with Kydex. I put them on the shelf and made my own Kydex holsters for them.

And there you have it. Thanks RedHat. I never really liked it from the get go. When drawing from the Fobus it felt like you were pulling the holster up and sideways causing the firearm to bind. I took it back after a week and used the refund for the Blackhawk Serpa. The Serpa has the manual lock that is positioned right where your finger should go for a draw, along the side of the frame above the trigger guard. Once the lock is open the draw is smooth. Anyway. I have come to like the feel of leather for an OWB. So a DeSantis thumb break has become my favorite. Just me...

Peace...

I usually go with Galco and will look at them or a desanti. The fobus I use for my SP101 and S&W Sigma work fine and release as designed...oh well..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back