Boot Knives?

AndeyHall

Anybody know of a good double edged boot knife with a 4" or less blade comparable to the Gerber Guardian Backup? I've got one of those and love it but was curious if there were alternatives without breaking the $100 mark.

Hate to say it but most of the S&W knives are cheap Chinese crap you might try looking for a Gerber mark 1 on ebay

Most of those have longer than a 4" blade. Our policy doesn't allow us to carry more than a 4" blade knife. I found the CRKT Sting which seems like a decent knife. As cheap as it is on Amazon I think it'll be worth a shot.

Most of those have longer than a 4" blade. Our policy doesn't allow us to carry more than a 4" blade knife. I found the CRKT Sting which seems like a decent knife. As cheap as it is on Amazon I think it'll be worth a shot.

CRKT makes some damn good knives and they are out of the box the sharpest knives I've ever owned.

Got the Sting in the mail yesterday. I will probably carry it more often than the Guardian Backup since it just seems more heavy duty and up to the challenges. It was super sharp out of the box and they're both very comparable to each other. They each have their trade offs. I like the rubber handle for something's, and the more pointed shape of the guardian. But I also like that the Sting is just one giant piece of metal, and more heavy duty. The sheath is a little better quality with the Sting as well.

Mine had a leather sheath with velcro closure, and I eventually had a new sheath made by the same fellow that was doing my gun leather at the time. Now they come with a Kydex sheath with multiple fastening options. If I recall correctly, they make a shorter, 3 inch blade versions as well, or at least they did. My partner carried a Cold Steel punch dagger. It was a little shorter, and a quality blade. Might be worth a look as well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back