Booming firearms sales driven by 'tiny guns,' conceal-carry laws

“Yet it still possesses the knock-down power needed in a potential life-or-death shooting situation."

Say what?!

The 380 ammo has improved a lot from what it used to be. There has been comparisons between the 9 mm and 380 and was found that the 380 was ri8ght up there in stopping power. Now this are tests so what happens in real action is not known. Could it work? Yes or No. A lot depends on the circumstances. But that is the way with any ammo or weapon used. What is known is how the Colt, Remington and etc 45 and the Beretta 9 mm has done in combat and close quarter situations. They have been tested. Yes a Glock is also tested somewhat since many LEOs carry one but many have never fired except in a paper target. So right now any weapon and ammo is up in the air and ammo is being improved everyday for the better. Anyway, just my thoughts.

The 380 ammo has improved a lot from what it used to be. There has been comparisons between the 9 mm and 380 and was found that the 380 was ri8ght up there in stopping power. Now this are tests so what happens in real action is not known. Could it work? Yes or No. A lot depends on the circumstances. But that is the way with any ammo or weapon used. What is known is how the Colt, Remington and etc 45 and the Beretta 9 mm has done in combat and close quarter situations. They have been tested. Yes a Glock is also tested somewhat since many LEOs carry one but many have never fired except in a paper target. So right now any weapon and ammo is up in the air and ammo is being improved everyday for the better. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Oh, boy! Gather your thoughts before posting.

.380 ACP JHP rounds out of a micro pistol generally have problems, see Shooting The Bull | Final Results of the .380 ACP Ammo Quest and Pocket Guns & Gear | Ammo Tests. They either expand and under-penetrate or they don't expand and over-penetrate. FMJ-FN is actually a viable option: 380 Auto FMJ Heavy Clothing Terminal Testing in Clear Gel. This is nothing in comparison to the consistency of 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP JHP service loads.

Handgun stopping power? .380 ACP? Read this: Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo | PISTOL AMMUNITION.

I have no idea what you try to convey with the rest of your post. There is quite some nonsense in there. Just food for thought: Glock pistols approved for special operations Marines and U.S. Navy SEALS Switch to Glock 19!.

I wouldn't want to be shot with a 380, looks like it would hurt like hell. .22 won't feel any better either.
while being shot with a .22 is not a fun thing to experience, I would not rely on a .22 to immediately stop a threat like a larger caliber is capable of doing. people do die from .22 wounds but it is not what I would call a "man stopper" YMMV

Hey, better to carry a little .380 than have no gun. Myself I prefer the Kel Tec P-32. :triniti:

Even the little Keltec P3AT has very respectable ballistics with the right ammo. Here's what you can expect with your 380 and Buffalo Bore ammo:

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=129

The 90 grain JHP Buffalo Bore is what I use in Keltec P3AT it produces about 240 pt-lbs muzzle energy at close range. This is as good or better than the typical 38 SPL +P load in a snubbie which a lot of police carried for a long time. With a little longer barreled 380 you can get almost up to 300 ft-lbs energy at the muzzle. Substantially better than "no gun"!

Hey, better to carry a little .380 than have no gun. Myself I prefer the Kel Tec P-32. :triniti:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Carrying a .380 is the same as having no gun. You might as well consider your throat cut in advance if you think that little pea-shooter will defend you or your family. For goodness sakes, Dennis the Menace was better armed with a slingshot in his back pocket.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Carrying a .380 is the same as having no gun. You might as well consider your throat cut in advance if you think that little pea-shooter will defend you or your family. For goodness sakes, Dennis the Menace was better armed with a slingshot in his back pocket.

I'll try to retain my composure in replying to a de-facto ad hominem attack from a low-information source. Here's a video of a couple defense 380 ACP rounds fired into a pork shoulder:

Actually, the 90 grain Buffalo Bore is even more devastating in tissue than either of these. I used to have a link demonstrating this (P3AT eats pork ribs) but I can't find it. Nonetheless, this video demonstrates that the 380 auto equipped with modern ammo is hardly a "little pea shooter" and I'd really hate to have Dennis the Menace coming after me with a 380.

I'll try to retain my composure in replying to a de-facto ad hominem attack from a low-information source.

Just ignore Wild Dog. If you do not know why, look up his past posts in this forum.

Here's a video of a couple defense 380 ACP rounds fired into a pork shoulder:

Actually, the 90 grain Buffalo Bore is even more devastating in tissue than either of these. I used to have a link demonstrating this (P3AT eats pork ribs) but I can't find it. Nonetheless, this video demonstrates that the 380 auto equipped with modern ammo is hardly a "little pea shooter" and I'd really hate to have Dennis the Menace coming after me with a 380.

Expansion is not an issue with well designed .380 ACP JHP rounds, penetration is. See Shooting The Bull | Final Results of the .380 ACP Ammo Quest. With .380 ACP JHP rounds, you simply can't have both, proper expansion and proper penetration. I have carried a .380 ACP micro pistol (Taurus TCP) for a while. Not anymore for a variety of reasons, including the lack of terminal ballistics.

I'll try to retain my composure in replying to a de-facto ad hominem attack from a low-information source. Here's a video of a couple defense 380 ACP rounds fired into a pork shoulder:

Son, you may want to learn a thing or two about combat before you toss in your two cents, lest you enjoy appearing ignorant. And yes, the .380 is a pea-shooter. I've seen grown men take more damage from a mosquito bite than it. So before you continue to spot off with your youtube videos, know this, you're talking to a man who's fought on land, air, and, yes, sea. I've seen more high seas action than Davy Jones, and no I'm not talkin' about the Monkee. Do you feel me, bro?

For those of you so adamant about carrying a .380, let me ask you this: The day when death comes for you, when the Reaper takes you into his dark, cold, embrace and you finally go down in a hail of bullets, what do you want in your dead hand? A man's gun or a sissy, little, .380? You tell me.

From what I have seen in videos, when the first shot is fired in a defensive situation , no matter what caliber the gun, the "bad guy" turns & starts running. It doesn't even matter if it is a hit or not.
This happens in the vast majority of cases so in MY mind, even the .32 that my wife started to carry was a blessing and when she moved up to her Glock 42 .380 I was thrilled.
Her potential to protect herself & our Grand kids is immeasurably increased.

From what I have seen in videos, when the first shot is fired in a defensive situation , no matter what caliber the gun, the "bad guy" turns & starts running. It doesn't even matter if it is a hit or not.
This happens in the vast majority of cases so in MY mind, even the .32 that my wife started to carry was a blessing and when she moved up to her Glock 42 .380 I was thrilled.
Her potential to protect herself & our Grand kids is immeasurably increased.
Brotha, denial just ain't a river in Egypt. I hate to be the one to burst your happy, feel good, safe bubble, but your wife ain't protecting nobody with that little BB gun. If you want to be ensured that she and the grand kids are safe, she needs one of these:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan