blow outs?

xmuahx

ok my dad has a desert eagle and after buying new ammo for it the barrel blew out on the sides, i just want to know if this is a common thing with hand guns?

nope not common at all, i am guessing either the wrong ammo was used or the barrel had possibly a fracture or a defect to it in some way...

ok my dad has a desert eagle and after buying new ammo for it the barrel blew out on the sides, i just want to know if this is a common thing with hand guns?

Absolutely not a common thing at all. I would have your father get in touch with magnum research or whomever is making the DE now. Call the customer service department and tell them what happened. Talk to the store he bought it from, maybe they can help you. The DE is a very robust and rugged gun. Obviously there was a metallurgy problem or manufacturing issue with the ammo.

Yes, every other round or so!

Hell no, that is extremely rare and very dangerous, have you been able to figure out what caused it?

Did he inspect to see whether the barrel is clear of any obstruction/s before he pressed the trigger? You see, we sort of have an incident like that wherein the barrel ended up similar to an opened petals of a flower. What went wrong was that young sonny boy was trying to site the gun. He forgot to remove the bore site laser from the barrel.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back