Birthday present for my wife

cruzthepug

I've had a couple of thread on different forums about a gun for my wife. This had been quite a long process deciding on what she liked and what the actual intended use would be, range gun or carry. At first we were looking in the small 9mm range, then after shooting my 1911 she thought that's what she wanted. After a couple of range trips, the .45 was just too much to shoot enough rounds to get in some good practice. I then bought a 4" .357 and she loved shooting the revolver. Didn't have to rack the slide, could fire single or double action and it just felt good in her hand.

Her birthday is this Friday and I had decided to get her, her own gun. We knew she wanted a revolver and was thinking of something in a 4" barrel since that what she liked. After deciding the end use of this gun would be for her to carry (later after some more practice and training) we decided on a 2" .38 special. Knowing that if it was ever needed, the smaller weapon would be easier to handle getting it out of her purse and that it should be just as accurate at close defense distance.

This what we ended up getting this afternoon. Smith & Wesson model 360 airweight, scandium frame.

3445398691_43567e26ee_o.jpg

3445396447_1994d36d73_o.jpg

3446213322_085cbe27c2_o.jpg

very nice gift! I am sure she will be very happy to get it. let us know how she does her first time shooting it:)

Nice! My mom and Aunt both just got the same thing. They intend to carry as soon as they take the classes and get a license. Since I got mine almost everyone in the family is working on theirs! My dad and brother has got their license, and 3 or my aunts and my mom are working on it! Also I am getting my girlfriend intersted. Soon we wont be the family you want to mess with!

I shot one of those not to long ago. Definately a good little revolver. Recoil is a little rough being such a light little gun but being a .38 it was managable. How much did it set ya back if ya don't mind my asking?

+1

Definately a good little revolver. Recoil is a little rough being such a light little gun

Definitely. The "bite" from such a super-light weight pistol will let you know you spent a day at the range if you shoot 100+ rounds in a session...

But a rock-solid shooter and fine concealed carry choice. Nice gift - I hope she enjoys it!

Knowing that if it was ever needed, the smaller weapon would be easier to handle getting it out of her purse and that it should be just as accurate at close defense distance.]

That's what I love about revolvers - when the fecal matter begins to splatter on the fan, you don't HAVE to get it out of the purse - pull that trigger and the cylinder WILL turn - inside or outside of the purse.... may have to buy a new purse, but when speed and power means living - enjoy purse shopping!:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back