Binocular Recommendations?

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
I quickly realized the pair I had was useless and tossed them back in my bag. My friend had a high end pair that were awesome but were also like over $3000. Does anyone have any recommendations for ones I would have to sell an organ for?

What are you using them for? I have a nice pair of Nikon Monarchs, that go for around $300 in a 10X42. I use them for Elk and deer season and have been very pleased.

I too own some older Nikon Monarchs in 10X40. At the time I couldn't justify the extra $500 against the Zeiss I was comparing them to, they were just as bright to me. Used them fo rthe last 6 years now and am very happy with them. You can usually get a decent deal at SWFA.com, or just use their site to compare glass. Good place for scopes too. I got my Nikon Monarch 3x9 there as well.

+1 on SWFA for good prices and selection.

You definitely get what you pay for with binoculars and scopes. It all boils down to your budget and intended use. I have a great pair of military Steiner's that retail for around $800. They blow away any cheaper binoculars I've put them up against.

I recently got a chance to look through some high end ($2000) Zeiss and Swarovski binoculars. Wow, was that a mistake. They make my Steiner's look like cheap glass in comparison.

Some professional guides I know swear by Zeiss and Swarovski. They have told me that they can count the points on bucks that people with the cheaper units can't even clearly identify.

Do yourself this favor - look into Vortex optics. I shoot (Actually, past tense - shot) competitive archery for some time, and found the Vortex Fury 8X42's to be of equal caliber to the high-dollar models my contemporaries were using, and at a fraction of the cost. Superior performance in low light. At the time I bought mine, they were in the $300 range, but performed in the $2000 range. I bought them from Jayhawk Optics at a better price than MSRP.. Lifetime Warranty too.

Link Removed

Last edited:
I quickly realized the pair I had was useless and tossed them back in my bag. My friend had a high end pair that were awesome but were also like over $3000. Does anyone have any recommendations for ones I would have to sell an organ for?

I'm hoping that you meant to say something that you DON'T have to sell an organ for.

Anyway, I'm not big on binoculars, but the website from which I buy most of my security gear, Galls.com, has a nice selection of binoculars. See here:

Police Equipment - Public Safety Equipment - Police Uniforms : Galls

Since the link I'm trying to paste here won't show up, just type in the word binoculars in the search window.

Bushnell permafocus

Bushnell permafocus

I'm on my second set. One for the house and one for the RV! They work well and I didn't have to sell one of the children to medical research.:eek:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back