Bill Cosby on Trayvon Martin

jabatam

"When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody."

And all this time I thought the police were there to serve and protect. Maybe he should stick to what he knows, like the stupid things kids say.

At least he kept the race issue out of it

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bill-cosby-breaks-silence-trayvon-martin/story?id=16102168

Yes Bill, when I carry a gun, I sure as hell do plan on harming somebody, provided that the person has decided to threaten my life. What are you going to do when somebody tries to take your life Bill? Just gonna hide behind all that money? Or are you going to have the police protect you??? Better yet, I bet you have an armed body guard.

Bill's usually spot on.

This time, not so much.

Uh, Bill: Some of us legally carry a gun to keep ourselves and our loved ones from being illegally harmed, or even illegally killed, by criminals intent on doing exactly that. That's not really an intent to harm anyone, just using another available tool to stay alive.

This is interesting. If i remember correctly Cosby's son was murdered trying to change a flat tire. He is usually a pretty reasonable voice for a celebrity.

This is interesting. If i remember correctly Cosby's son was murdered trying to change a flat tire. He is usually a pretty reasonable voice for a celebrity.

Did not know that. Interesting that he still has this stance on firearms then. It was still an ignorant statement

I've always admired Cosby but this time, he just lost me. i cannot believe that with his education he can be utterly dumb...well just like any celebrity who are against guns but have bodyguards who have guns to protect them.

When did he go from being a comedian to an "elder statesman" who should be listened to more than anyone else who expresses an opinion? It must have been when I was out of the country I guess.

Why do you people think a comedian has something important to say? Or any actor for that matter? Or any athlete? They are no smarter and usually have only one thing they are good at.

Why do you people think a comedian has something important to say? Or any actor for that matter? Or any athlete? They are no smarter and usually have only one thing they are good at.

Exactly. Cosby is just another liberal elitist who lives in a different world commenting on something he knows nothing about.

Exactly right!
I'll just bet that if Cosby's son was carrying a concealed handgun on that tragic night on the side of the 405 freeway he would be alive today.
I like Bill Cosby, but he is way off on this one.

At least he kept the race issue out of it

Yes Mr Cosby that's inherently what guns are for. And it took his Phd to figure that out? Here all along I was thinking we all carried to shoot at cans, scare birds and make noise for the 4th of July.

Not true Bill Cosby, when I carry I mean to defend myself and loved ones from people that are trying to harm or kill me/us. That may mean getting out of a situation to safety (and not firing a shot) or it may mean using deadly force. I pray I am not put into that situation, but I am thankful the second amendment (currently) gives me that choice.

I carry a gun so NOBODY gets harmed...Myself and my family first and foremost. A gun is merely a reminder, a reminder to somebody that wishes me ill will that they should reconsider their current action. If somebody is introduced to the business end of my gun, it is because THEY HAVE MADE A POOR CHOICE, and mistaken me for another victum. And because I will not shoot first and ask questions later, the AGRESSOR has the option to reconsider the situation THEY have created and choose another option.

[FONT=georgia, 'times new roman', serif]"When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody."[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, 'times new roman', serif]Really...More physio babble![/FONT]

Bill Cosby didn't learn from the Sharpton/Tawana Brawley incident. He was so sure this God-ugly teenage girl was kidnapped and raped by a conspiracy of white cops and the DA that he gave her $$ for college tuition. Turned out she made the whole thing up... and he contributed to ruining the lives of the acused. Who cares what he says.

Bill Cosby didn't learn from the Sharpton/Tawana Brawley incident. He was so sure this God-ugly teenage girl was kidnapped and raped by a conspiracy of white cops and the DA that he gave her $$ for college tuition. Turned out she made the whole thing up... and he contributed to ruining the lives of the acused. Who cares what he says.

Maybe Bills developing altheimers, I guess he don't remember about this, and could he possably not remember how his son died?????

Bill Cosby and his opinions on this matter are relevant because? Stick to what you know and do well Bill, which is clean family comedy, and stay out of the limelight of the media with your outdated and illogical diatribe.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back