Big Green Egg

xdmgator

Anyone else on here cook on a big green egg cooker? I picked one up about 6 months ago and the fam and I love it Link Removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't but I've always wanted one. My friend just got one and we've pull off some great chicken, steaks and pizzas off of it.

I bought one a year and a half ago and have cooked on it every night since. I have never had food that tasted that food. Always moist. It makes great jerky. It quickly turns into a life style. I am doing the Turkey tomorrow for the first time. Enjoy the egg!

Just smoked a nice brisket for 8 of us today. 7 hrs at a straight 250 degrees. What I like best is making pizza in the BGE.

No doubt about the lifestyle :) we probably use it at least two times a week ... Enjoy the family time it creates as well [emoji106]

Got to the web site and they have a dealer locator. I made the mistake of buying a medium. We thought it would be big enough for just the two of us.

They tried to talk us into a large but we didn't listen. OOPS.
We make it work but there is not enough room for sides. We also found out since the large is the popular size all the accessories are made for the large. If you decide to buy, get the large.

Got to the web site and they have a dealer locator. I made the mistake of buying a medium. We thought it would be big enough for just the two of us.

They tried to talk us into a large but we didn't listen. OOPS.
We make it work but there is not enough room for sides. We also found out since the large is the popular size all the accessories are made for the large. If you decide to buy, get the large.

Agreed .... Get the large especially if you ha e a family of at least 4 ....as far as finding a dealer around here some lumber yards are selling them and also fireplace / gas propane types ... Enjoy

I went on line to see what you guys were talking about. I can get a good newer used car for that kind of money. Alton Brown built one out of a large flower pot to cook a turkey in a few years back.

I picked up a used Aussie all stainless grill on craigs list for $3.00. The guy had purchased a new grill and was all apoloigic the Aussie did not have a propane tank. I had some. Best $3 i ever spent.

I went on line to see what you guys were talking about. I can get a good newer used car for that kind of money. Alton Brown built one out of a large flower pot to cook a turkey in a few years back.

I picked up a used Aussie all stainless grill on craigs list for $3.00. The guy had purchased a new grill and was all apoloigic the Aussie did not have a propane tank. I had some. Best $3 i ever spent.

Glad you got a good deal :)

I don't have the "Egg" but I did buy one called the "Acorn" from Lowes, it is a look alike made from metal, insulated and works like the egg. I absolutely love the thing, the best steaks and burgers ever, you can control the temps easily and the foods tastes great. I smoked a huge pork tenderloin for the family over Christmas and it was fantastic. Took about 2 hours plus and I used hickory wood chips for the flavoring. Never going back to gas.....
The price of this version was about $260 with my vets discount.

I don't have the "Egg" but I did buy one called the "Acorn" from Lowes, it is a look alike made from metal, insulated and works like the egg. I absolutely love the thing, the best steaks and burgers ever, you can control the temps easily and the foods tastes great. I smoked a huge pork tenderloin for the family over Christmas and it was fantastic. Took about 2 hours plus and I used hickory wood chips for the flavoring. Never going back to gas.....
The price of this version was about $260 with my vets discount.

Yeah I've heard of the Acorn ...I think all of them are awesome doesn't matter on the name its all about the cooking / smoking and the fire :) pork tenderloins are one of the best cooks on a cooker like ours :) enjoy your Acorn !

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back