Bicycle Carry...

Sparky1

Anyone know if there are "off-body" conceal carry restrictions in Illinois? Biking season is rapidly approaching and I think I would l like to have a compact revolver/autoloader with me. I feel it would have to be in some sort of bag/pouch attached to the bike frame. I realize that if a bandit managed to get my bike away from me, he would have the firearm also...but do not see a good way to carry on my body. Ideas/thoughts anyone??

On a bicycle you have about 4 choices --

1 - shoulder holster under your windbreaker or sweatshirt;

2 - fanny pack (as was pointed out);

3 - IWB holster on its separate leather belt inside your bike shorts;

4 - cargo carrier on the back of your bike.

Legally, there are no off-body restrictions for CCL holders in Illinois. The CCL allows carry of a concealed handgun "on or about" the person, so whether in a saddle bag, shoulder holster, etc. a CCL holder is good to go.

On body carry

Anyone know if there are "off-body" conceal carry restrictions in Illinois? Biking season is rapidly approaching and I think I would l like to have a compact revolver/autoloader with me. I feel it would have to be in some sort of bag/pouch attached to the bike frame. I realize that if a bandit managed to get my bike away from me, he would have the firearm also...but do not see a good way to carry on my body. Ideas/thoughts anyone??
Check out pistolwear.com. I carry a Glock 43 and extra mag. I ride over 3000 miles a year. I wear normal cycling jerseys and shorts. The holster is made the sweat doesn't get to your gun and very little printing which I don't care if it prints anyway.

Just ordered one of these. Will wear an A-Shirt under it & a cover shirt over. Have to start therapy after hip replacement in a couple weeks. Thought it would serve the purpose. Walking, bike, etc.

I agree w the shoulder holster it stays on your body and has two level security holsters. I usually wear mine under something a jacket or even light button down type shirts (well I try for snaps instead of buttons)

missoak, I like the concept of that but I dislike anything soft enough you can poke through the side and pull the trigger. If you spend some time googling it you can see a lot of examples of accidential/negligent discharges that have occurred with nylon type holsters

Will be carrying either a Sig P238, or a Colt Mustang. Doubt I would have a ND with either of those.

Off body carry is legal in Illinois. However be careful where you bike as not all bike paths are permissable. Some could be gun free zones.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back