Bianchi Auto Retention CarryLok Holster

gdcleanfun

Banned
I bought this leather holster today to use with my Beretta 92FS Compact Model .9. the holster is billed as accepting the FS but not the compact model, but the compact model fits and draws just fine as does the FS model. The holster works just find for hubby and his Taurus.

However, there are readily apparent issues on my frame from the get-go.

1. The holster is wider than the generic Kevlar type holster. It does not fit between the belt loops of my pants. I'd have to skip a loop, making the fit not as tight as I like.

2. The holster holds the Beretta higher than the generic. I haven't the ease of movement in my shoulder to press the retention button then raise my whole arm high enough to lift the pistol free in a fluid motion. The retention button is not the problem. Raising my arm is.

3. I like a draw on my right side, I'm right handed. However, the holster sits so high on my waist to start with, then it's hindered by a forward-facing appendage. No comments please, not gonna have surgery! :lol:

4. I tried a cross draw position. Here again the holster is wider than the width between the front two or side belt loops. The holster would not tweak sideways no matter how much I twisted my belt. Drawing from a loose, wobbly, not-anywhere-near-stationary, awkwardly-positioned holster is deadly, at best.

My solutions could be:

1. Reposition my belt loops.

2. Wear a different pair of pants.

3. Find a holster that doesn't mandate such a high position.

4. Find another pistol.

5. Find another holster.

Comments?

Having the same issues with my Ruger P95,except for the forward facing appendage,just cant find one that fits both me and my pistola. About to try a Fobus roto belt holster on for size. This trying holsters out and not liking them is getting expensive. :cray:

Depending on the jeans I wear I sometimes put the belt thru one loop of the holster and then thru the beltloop and then thru the other side of the holster. This way the holster is centered over a belt loop. This works great when I don't like where the holster is positioned between belt loops. It wasn't obvious to me at first that I could do this so I thought I'd mention it. Don't know if that will solve any of your issues or not.

Depending on the jeans I wear I sometimes put the belt thru one loop of the holster and then thru the beltloop and then thru the other side of the holster. This way the holster is centered over a belt loop. This works great when I don't like where the holster is positioned between belt loops. It wasn't obvious to me at first that I could do this so I thought I'd mention it. Don't know if that will solve any of your issues or not.

Well, shazam! Never would have thought of this but it works like a charm. Much obliged!

My problem isnt position of the weapon on my body,its the position that the holster holds the weapon in. Holster I have now just doesnt present the weapon to my hand in the correct position. Wish it was an easy fix,but oh well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back