Best vest

multistage

This may be the wrong place to post this, but wasn't sure. I need a vest. All this will do is cover a Kramer MSP holster for my SIG 229, and the double mag pouch that will get carried with it. The holster won't be here for another month or so. I have a good vest for when it's cool, but nothing for when it is warm. I currently carry either a Beretta 85 or a Smith 60, depending on what I grab. Sweatshirt covers either very nicely, no printing. But it will get warm very soon, and then downright hot. I don't care that a vest in the summer may suggest that the wearer is carrying. I found a couple of vests that looked good, but had certain features that all but assure that the wearer is carrying. Also, I am 6'5", and so most vests are too short to cover well. Any help will be appreciated. Many thanks.

I have my vests custom made. You see, i am five-foot-eight and a very muscular and sensual 345 lbs. To me it is worth it to spend the extra moolah on high quality concealable tactical equipment. The more important question is whether you have enough firepower to be relevent in our increasingly-dangerous societey of commies and liberals.

LET ME BRIEF YOU ON A MINIMUM BATTLE LOAD...

On the strong hand side at three o'clock. A Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger.

On the off-hand side at nine o'clock. A .500 S&W with at least a six inch barrel.

On the right ankle...A Colt Combat Commander.

On the left ankle...A Colt Python.

Wear a photog vest to cover the waist guns. Wear pants over your ankle-guns.

If you must wear shorts, cover the ankle-guns with leg-warmers. I got some from my wife.

If you must frolic on the beach, cover it all with a mumu.

Keep plenty of ammo in your fanny packs. One pack above the crotch. The other above the buttocks.

When going into bad areas, pull a red wagon behind you with more ammo.

FOUR guns Minimum.

I LEARNT ALL THIS FROM MY FRIEND AND MENTOOR JAMES WESLEY RAWLS AT SurvivalBlog.com

I SUGGIST YOU SPEND SEVRAL HOURS ON HIS SITE LEARNING ABOUT THE WINNOWING that is to come. Are you among the elect ordained by Calvin and Rawles.

HOTROD

I have been looking as for a vest as well. Problem is I can't seem to find any that don't look all tactical or look like a fishing vest.

I just got the Scottevest Men's lightweight Vest. This is a really nice vest. It might be a option for you. Www.Scottevest.com

+100 for the Blue Stone vests...best concealment vest I've ever found...great price, plenty of pockets, seems to be durable and hold up nicely.

I have 2 that I purchased from Sportman's Guide to wear with whatever my wardrobe of the day calls for or the field of operation I am faced with. One is an olive (80/20 polyester/cotton @ $39.97 + S&H) and a black (cotton canvas @ $49.97 + S&H). I have absolutely no regrets.

They are zip-up (brass-colored metal, would have preferred YKK...but they work fine...waxing the zips might not be a bad idea) and come with 16 pockets (inside and out, some zippered, some Velcroed, hand-warmers open like many jackets)...way more than you will ever use. Easily worn over the new light-weight "high-tech" fleece lined jackets or just tossed on over your concealed body-armor, fleece, sweats or Tees...whatever. They do run a small so you need to grab one that is the next size up from what you generally wear. I'm thinking of grabbing another 2 sizes larger that I can wear over my winter parka, if I have to be out in the back-country hunting or hiding-out in the winter if the Balloon goes Up!

They have 6 fairly tough elastic-band mag carriers & one revolver speed-loader slot sewn into the inside, but there are 2 huge zippered pockets right behind them (I usually forgo the mag-holders and drop my dual-mag belt holders in one pocket and my wallet in the other (I have the full size T.H.E. Wallet from Spec Ops...so it is not small). I keep them zippered for security but can open them quick if needed.

The handgun pockets are a single metal snap with an inside elastic piece for retention (they are not going to fall out if snapped, when you may bend over to tie your shoes or pick up that $100.00 bill you found blowing by).

My EDC is a CZ75 P-01 w/ CTL...it fits very nice. Sometimes I carry a full-size CZ 75B walnut-grip stainless...also fits fine. However, my S&W 686+ 4" is just a tad too much for concealment thanks to the square-butt Hogue grip...so that usually goes in a generic style IWB/OWB/Shoulder rig, hidden under the vest, or such.

Smaller "pocket guns" can be stowed about anywhere in the vest.

Right or left hand carry is no problem. Although I am right dominant (and usually carry in the left pocket like shoulder rigs), I like to carry left (in right side pocket) when I ride my MC so I can keep my right hand on the throttle in case of emergency social-work need while I roll. They are the tits when traveling in an auto or truck...no pinching or ripping seats from belt carry (IWB/OWB/Cross...whatever) and you always have everything you need on your person, on your shoulders (except you long-gun).

I always keep mine fully loaded with everything I need whether I am about my daily "on the go" routine or have to bale from the nest fast in the middle of the night. It holds my CCW licenses, wallet, cell, tac light, folder knife, keys, etc. In an emergency, all I need to do is grab it & my Mossy (and/or AR or AK with a fully loaded bandoleer)...No fuss, no muss! No grab-bag that needs a third hand. Slip the vest on and you are ready to go. No tacticool Mil/LEO rigs to freak peeps out or draw unneeded attention when you have to hit the street in an urban environment, or whatever.

One nice thing is they are a hell of a lot cooler in the hot NM summers than leather...I ride a bike often (my truck occasionally) and wear these vest now, unless I need my "cut" for a run on the scoot.

Blue Stone Home Page:
Blue Stone , wolverine holsters
Olive Vest:
Concealment Vest, Olive, Holsters, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide

Black Vest:
Concealment Vest, Black, Holsters, Blue Stone Safety, 188825 at Sportsman's Guide

I have my vests custom made. You see, i am five-foot-eight and a very muscular and sensual 345 lbs. To me it is worth it to spend the extra moolah on high quality concealable tactical equipment. The more important question is whether you have enough firepower to be relevent in our increasingly-dangerous societey of commies and liberals.

LET ME BRIEF YOU ON A MINIMUM BATTLE LOAD...

On the strong hand side at three o'clock. A Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger.

On the off-hand side at nine o'clock. A .500 S&W with at least a six inch barrel.

On the right ankle...A Colt Combat Commander.

On the left ankle...A Colt Python.

Wear a photog vest to cover the waist guns. Wear pants over your ankle-guns.

If you must wear shorts, cover the ankle-guns with leg-warmers. I got some from my wife.

If you must frolic on the beach, cover it all with a mumu.

Keep plenty of ammo in your fanny packs. One pack above the crotch. The other above the buttocks.

When going into bad areas, pull a red wagon behind you with more ammo.

FOUR guns Minimum.

I LEARNT ALL THIS FROM MY FRIEND AND MENTOOR JAMES WESLEY RAWLS AT SurvivalBlog.com

I SUGGIST YOU SPEND SEVRAL HOURS ON HIS SITE LEARNING ABOUT THE WINNOWING that is to come. Are you among the elect ordained by Calvin and Rawles.

HOTROD

Run around in Oklahoma like that and you will exchange all your Mall-Ninja attire for an orange jumpsuit (Pink stripes if in Cleveland county) and a room for two at the local Gray Bar Hotel!

-Doc

P.A.C.A. Level IIIa, runs $500-$600, depending on where you buy. I recommend checking Body Armor Outlet --> Link Removed

P.A.C.A. Level IIIa, runs $500-$600, depending on where you buy. I recommend checking Body Armor Outlet --> Link Removed

We were actually more heading in the direction of non protective concealed carry vests, but you gave me an idea and I looked the site over to see if anybody's actually making anything protective that looks truly like casual clothing.

I agree. Where is the MODERATOR when you need one? If I want joke posts from Eastok, I can go to the Mad Magazine site (no, I am NOT going).

The NRA Store has a number of vests. I am 6'1" and am pleased with the boar hide vest. I purchased it because of the longer length. It is a concealment vest and comes with two holsters. If I ever use this for my gun I prefer the holster from Coronado Leather. I do like to carry my spare magazine in the hidden pocket on my strong side. I removed the hook side of the hook and loop from the pocket closure because it makes a bit of noise when you try to open the pocket and the hook tries to grab the slick liner and chews it up.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back