Best or Favorite gun store in CT

A gun store...... In CT!!!!!

How the hell did that happen! Is it even legal there?!!

Seriously, CT needs to join the rest off the "free world" AKA, the US. At least allow its residents use HOLLOW POINT BULLETS!!

Seriously, CT needs to join the rest off the "free world" AKA, the US. At least allow its residents use HOLLOW POINT BULLETS!!

Not sure what you're referencing, but I'm here in New Haven, CT, carrying a perfectly legal XD9 subcompact full of perfectly legal Speer Gold Dot 124 gr hollow points.

We can have hollow points and magazines of any size, you are confusing us with New Jersey....we do have a stupid assault weapon ban though....

If you happen to want a Ruger, can't get a better deal than Hoffman's. Not to mention their more then gracious staff.

I have only been to Greyson Guns in Orange and Hoffman's on the Berlin Turnpike.

Greyson Guns - Really Really nice people inside, small in store selection and seemed marginally more expensive than Hoofman's and other online sources. 3/5 because of price, in store selection is bad. People in the store earn all 3 of the points given.

Hoffman's - My original experience was frustrating when trying to get range time. You need to have a CT pistol permit for a year before being eligable to bring someone with you. ( I have 6 years military experience including an expert pistol medal) I went there with a friend who had only had his permit a month. They didn't want to let me shoot, luckily I had my old militarry ID (they didnt realize it was expired) and they let me shoot. They also repeatedly let me shoot by myself (renting guns) because active duty doesnt need a pistol permit there. Overall, the range guys I see weekdays from 8-4 or so are awesome. I have only needed sales help a few times and they didnt impress me much. However, I know that on holidays they are open and weekends it is a **** show in there. You wonder if they are giving away free merchandise or something. So, if you go on a weekend be forwarned. It isn't their fault. They have a lot of people working and they simply cant keep up with the window shoppers. I give them a 3-4/5 depending on who is working. Good selection, good prices, just really busy.

ps sorry for spelling I was in a hurry.

I like Graysons in orange next to Namco pool. while I was waiting for my permit to clear they took the time and helped me decide what I wanted to carry. While no one else would give me the time of day until I had the permit. they have a good selection and are all super nice. needless to say that where I bought my first gun when I did finally get the permit.

hi guys

although I am a new shooter--my 2 cents is the following

GREYSONS in Orange Ct is the bEST by far service and sales are top notch as are the prices. Their prices are similar to bud guns in KY-- great guys great store worth a drive

check them out

Have had discussions with Newington Gun exchange they seem nice have heard they are good to deal with

Hoffmans doe s not give a damn about anything but $$ imho

hope this helps

safe shooting to all

rob

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson