Best or Favorite gun store in CT

E

echo_5

Here in SE CT there's ONE shop (Ron's Guns) in Niantic and they have irregular hours. My favorite by far is Newington Gun Exchange in Newington. I've been to Hoffman's though only once. Two in the area have closed. What's a good store where you live?

Hoffmans in the best as far as price and selection hands down. There's a good one in Milford...Guns & Safes Unlimited...it's a bit expensive but they are way more helpful than anyone at Hoffmans. Sportsman's Outpost in Wolcott is a decent place. Normally I buy from Hoffmans though.

prefer Hoffman's to Newington? It is a good store but I've already done so much business with Lars at Newington that I stick with him......I really want someone to open a store here in the SE of the state. Lots of us travel to Hartford area to buy/shop. Owner here would make a killing

Maybe I just haven't hooked up with the right guy in Newington, but I've never really been totally impressed there. Mostly used stuff, which isn't totally bad but I feel like I am always searching for a new gun instead of vice versa. I have seen other guys getting good service in there so I may just not strike their fancy. SE corner is tough...I grew up in East Lyme but I've never set foot in Ron's Guns lol. I would drive down to the Milford store I mentioned and check it out if you ever have an afternoon off...it is a pretty nice place with quite a bit of stock. Also, Hoffmans is moving shortly to a huge location down the pike a bit...should be neat.

Im in New Haven and all about Newington Gun Exchange and Hoffmans.

If I have something in mind I travel up to the Gun Exchange. If they don't have it I sweep back around and stop into Hoffmans.

Just did that on Saturday to pick up a CX4. NGE didn't have one, Hoffmans did.
Hoffmans was crazy packed. No room to fart.

I've been up to K-5 on the Post Rd. in Milford a couple of times. I like their stuff (mostly all tactical LE type) but for one reason or another I don't generally buy there. I did pick up an XD from them.

Hoffmans and NGE.

Newington Gun Exchange (NGX) is the best around for me. I always get great customer service from Lars.

My favorite gun store

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, and glad to be here! I noticed that everyone seems to like Hoffmans or Newington Gun Exchange, both are great I agree. But across the Berlin Turnpike is BMG Guns & Ammo. They are by far my favorite gun store. They have the most friendly staff there, they care about you and your purchase and walk you through every step of the way. Did I mention they are a CLASS 3 DEALER, with a LARGE selection!!! They are also a manufacturer of nice quality suppressors. They are currently moving from next to sleepys to the same plaza as the Army Barracks store. I love just going there to browse, they always have great guns stories to share and they are just extremely knowledgeable. Being a younger guy, I find it harder for salesmen at Hoffmans, to recognize me as a paying customer, sometimes I don't think they could careless about me. O well, I'd rather give the small guy like BMG business anyways.

Wolf's Indoor Gunrange in Bristol, CT. It's just down the road from the ESPN studio.

Wolf's will order you a gun but they do not keep any inventory in stock for purchase....however, they do have a great indoor range..

I am starting to take a liking to Cabela's in East Hartford. Not completely sold on them yet but still go there, it's close to home.

I usually hit Hoffman's and NGX when in Hartford area, if going to Big E for show or whatever i always stop at Riverview in E Windsor.

Am from se ct also, Outpost in Montville are good guys, but shop is small...

Ron's has lots of stuff but old klingons are always hanging out there.....but he will make deals

I really miss Ft Shantok shop, Chappy's, and Campbells hardware....
Oakdale bait & tackle, and Lebanon sports too.......

K-5 Arms Exchange in Milford is cool- good service and good prices new and used. For best local prices, go to gungenie.com and price out a gun of your choice. This is the arm of the Davidson's distributorship that literally clears 90% of the firearms in this area. Or go to budsgunshop.com for the best prices on earth. they ship to your local FFL. It's totally seamless and your FFL makes $30 or so to fill out papers and sign for a UPS package.

Cabellas in east hartford has the best selection I have seen so far, and there prices are not too bad. However the prices are going up fast.. I bought a ruger GP1oo,, 2 weeks later the same gun was marked for $100.00 more. Same thing with my vaquero. Also, they don't want to give you squat for your used guns.... BMG has a nice shop in newington, but selection is small.

Not a fan of Hoffmans--they work on commission and just want to move through your sale as quickly as possible. Also, I've felt as though they don't have the time or energy to work with less experienced customers. Of course, this is not true of every employee there, but in general, these are some issues.

Jojo's Gunworks in Southington CT is hands-down the best. They are a very small shop that focuses on tactical weapons, but everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful--always excited to guide and teach. As gunsmiths, John and Jody are extremely skilled, always producing A level work.

For the bigger box stores, Cabela's is pretty good, although if you do go there, be planned to spend a good deal of time waiting at the gun counter.

I really like Connecticut Sporting Arms in North Branford. I have bought two handguns from there and transferred two others over the past six years or so. Great service and they can get about anything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

There's really nothing in SE CT. Ron's is... well... Ron's. No rhyme or reason to his stock, no order to the store, but always plenty of people sitting around. I never understood that, not employees, just people. The Outpost is good people but (and I hate to say this) WAY over priced. I bought a "special deal" they had a couple month back for $269, Cabella's had it next month for $199 + free accessories, I asked about a Ruger SR-22, couldn't get them they said but if they did it would be $369, Hoffman's sells them every day for $289. Hoffman's service might be terrible, but their selection and prices can't be beat. NGX is a very cool place, only been there once but left with a smile and a Buckmark for a great price. I'd love to not drive an hour to pick up a gun though. :/

Down here in South west connecticut, i ussually head to Bobs Guns and unfinished furniture in Darian, know a guy from town that works there, nice to have someone i can call on their cell when i confuse myself. the store is small, but they have a decent selection and knowledgeable people.

Don

There's a new place that just opened right on the New Haven/Woodbridge line, called Woodbridge Firearms. They gave me a pretty good deal on a second-hand XD9 subcompact. Great guys, constantly growing selection, extremely helpful, etc. Can't say enough good about them. They're at 28 Selden St, in Woodbridge, by the bowling alley.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back