Best of the old .22's to p/u?

SWGcowboy

I have an old 22 I've had forever. Its tube fed & has started jamming up. What's a good, old one to keep the squirrels out of my pecan trees? I old - should I consider a .410? I would get the one fixed I have but we don't have any gunsmith here in the hood of SW Georgia. Give me some input please folks.

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

A Ruger® 10/22® will be a good one to have. But any .22 rifle you get today will be fine for what you to do. The only problem I see you having is not having a gunsmith. So the Ruger® 10/22® will be a good choice for you since you can order parts for it online and find how to videos and books for repairing it.

IM guessing you do not want to buy a new rifle to keep down the pests.. sound like you have a tube feed gallery 22... most of those tubes are brass, and it may have picked up a couple of burrs. you can use the tube follower with a piece of emery paper to clear any burrs from the feed tube.. I don't think you want to shoot up your pecan trees with shotgun lead... unless you are looking for an excuse to buy a new gun.. just offering my opinion.. another option would be a air rifle.. 1700 fps. 300 pellets, 8 dollars.. cheap quiet and fun..
Good luck with the tree rats.

here is a brand new 22 with a scope and free shipping for under 160 dollars
Savage 64 64FXP Semi-Auto .22 LR Sythetic with Scope

FFL Search

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...vage+64+64FXP+Semi-Auto+.22+LR+Sythetic+Scope

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back