Best of the old .22's to p/u?

SWGcowboy

I have an old 22 I've had forever. Its tube fed & has started jamming up. What's a good, old one to keep the squirrels out of my pecan trees? I old - should I consider a .410? I would get the one fixed I have but we don't have any gunsmith here in the hood of SW Georgia. Give me some input please folks.

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

Kasper

A Ruger® 10/22® will be a good one to have. But any .22 rifle you get today will be fine for what you to do. The only problem I see you having is not having a gunsmith. So the Ruger® 10/22® will be a good choice for you since you can order parts for it online and find how to videos and books for repairing it.

ET

Banned
IM guessing you do not want to buy a new rifle to keep down the pests.. sound like you have a tube feed gallery 22... most of those tubes are brass, and it may have picked up a couple of burrs. you can use the tube follower with a piece of emery paper to clear any burrs from the feed tube.. I don't think you want to shoot up your pecan trees with shotgun lead... unless you are looking for an excuse to buy a new gun.. just offering my opinion.. another option would be a air rifle.. 1700 fps. 300 pellets, 8 dollars.. cheap quiet and fun..
Good luck with the tree rats.

here is a brand new 22 with a scope and free shipping for under 160 dollars
Savage 64 64FXP Semi-Auto .22 LR Sythetic with Scope

FFL Search

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...vage+64+64FXP+Semi-Auto+.22+LR+Sythetic+Scope

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlynn610