Best NV County to file CCW in

Coroner25

I just took the Multi-State CCW class in Reno and was wondering which County is the best to file in, quickest I guess would be the point. I'm up North so I was looking at either Carson City or Washoe? From the posts I read Nye County is a non-starter but haven't heard about Douglas County. 1 guy said he got his permit in Washoe in less then 2 weeks is that possible? Thanks

Nye County Sheriff is a gun rights supporter. I live in Hawaii and they did my out of state CCW while I was attending Front Sight class - did live scan prints and my CCW was mailed to me in Hawaii 18 days later. If you don't apply in person you will have to go pick up your permit in person so they can take your photo. They will hold your permit until it expires so you don't have to rush back to pick up the permit.

If you can apply in person they will photo and live scan print you and mail the CCW to your home address. Remember NV is a gun specific CCW so if you shoot a Springfield XD 45 that is all that you can carry. The hot tip I learned later was that if you also shoot a revolver for the qual you can carry any revolver as the permit just says "revolver".

Washoe County Sheriff Mike Haley is a gun rights supporter. Very helpful staff. It took 2 months for my CCW last year prior to the elections.

Elko County was fast and efficient for me in both my non-res and non-res renewal, Approx. 45 days and dealing with the Sheriff's office was a breeze.
Instructors name was Kent Lebarts.:pleasantry:

Nye County Sheriff is a gun rights supporter. I live in Hawaii and they did my out of state CCW while I was attending Front Sight class - did live scan prints and my CCW was mailed to me in Hawaii 18 days later. If you don't apply in person you will have to go pick up your permit in person so they can take your photo. They will hold your permit until it expires so you don't have to rush back to pick up the permit.

If you can apply in person they will photo and live scan print you and mail the CCW to your home address. Remember NV is a gun specific CCW so if you shoot a Springfield XD 45 that is all that you can carry. The hot tip I learned later was that if you also shoot a revolver for the qual you can carry any revolver as the permit just says "revolver".

I would beg to differ. Nye County Sheriff has showed his true (anti 2nd amendment) colors on many occasions.

Link Removed

That is just ONE example. A search will reveal more.

I just took the Multi-State CCW class in Reno and was wondering which County is the best to file in, quickest I guess would be the point. I'm up North so I was looking at either Carson City or Washoe? From the posts I read Nye County is a non-starter but haven't heard about Douglas County. 1 guy said he got his permit in Washoe in less then 2 weeks is that possible? Thanks

I was under the impression that Nevada residents had to apply for CFP permits in their county of residence. Nonresidents have to apply in the county where the training occurred.

Given that, I had a good experience with Washoe County. I am a nonresident and had to apply there. My permit came in 72 days.

My brother lives in Douglas County and it took 130 days to get his permit.

Got mine in 34 days in the kingdom of Nye. If you are a NV resident i believe you have to apply in your county. If you are non-res you can apply in any county. I took my class in Vegas but had to go to the Nye county sheriff to apply.

Thanks to those who replied. I filed in Washoe and almost ran into a problem, my driver's license is still listed as confidential (former peace officer) and even thought I have lived at the same address for almost 20 years they could verify it. Luckily with some quick thinking I said would my vehicle reg. work and they took that, if not I would have to fax them bank statements, power bills and other stuff. Thanks again for your help hope to see the permit soon!

If you reside in NV, you must apply in your county of residency. If you live in Clark County, you unfortunately have to deal with LVMPD.

Washoe from what I have heard is the best county. Douglas County Undersheriff Howell is the chair of the NSCA CCW committee.

If you reside in NV, you must apply in your county of residency. If you live in Clark County, you unfortunately have to deal with LVMPD.

Washoe from what I have heard is the best county. Douglas County Undersheriff Howell is the chair of the NSCA CCW committee.

Other then wasting time in traffic and dealing with the felons at the fingerprint bureau, I was quite impressed with my 2 week turnaround for the CCW in Clark Co :D

I do wish I could have done it elsewhere... I needed a shower in bleach after being around those... people... In the fingerprint bureau...

Other then wasting time in traffic and dealing with the felons at the fingerprint bureau, I was quite impressed with my 2 week turnaround for the CCW in Clark Co :D

I do wish I could have done it elsewhere... I needed a shower in bleach after being around those... people... In the fingerprint bureau...

I can imagine how it is.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back