Best muzzle device for CQB?

AndeyHall

Hey guys I am currently using my rifle as a patrol rifle, and I have a PWS FSC556 comp/flash hider on it. I originally purchased it because reviews had it as the "quietest" muscle device that noticeably cut back on recoil. However, out on our outdoor wide open range, everyone comments about how it is "loud as ****" compared to other rifles. I'm worried that indoors if I ever have to use it, it could cause some serious hearing damage as well as other minor injuries.

What would you guys recommend that I use as a muscle device to cut down on lateral percussion? I would also prefer something that has a quick attach feature for a suppressor. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

You are looking for a silencer!

Alternatively, AAC has the Link Removed, which directs the muzzle blast forward of the shooter. It uses the same threads that Link Removed use to attach to Link Removed.

There is also the Link Removed. Any gun fired indoors without a silencer or hearing protection is loud as hell.

I posted a series of links to Flash Hider & Muzzle Brake Comparisons a while ago. They look at recoil reduction and flash hiding capability.

If you plan to go to the NRA Annual Meeting in Atlanta in a few weeks, you can see the AAC solution there in their booth.

You are looking for a silencer!

Alternatively, AAC has the Link Removed, which directs the muzzle blast forward of the shooter. It uses the same threads that Link Removed use to attach to Link Removed.

There is also the Link Removed. Any gun fired indoors without a silencer or hearing protection is loud as hell.

I posted a series of links to Flash Hider & Muzzle Brake Comparisons a while ago. They look at recoil reduction and flash hiding capability.

If you plan to go to the NRA Annual Meeting in Atlanta in a few weeks, you can see the AAC solution there in their booth.

Sorry if I wasn't descriptive enough in my intended use. So this is my personally owned rifle that I carry on duty with me at work. It's used for many different things to include dog tracks, building clearing, and many other things. The agency I work for is very strict about what we can and cannot mount on our rifles and suppressors are one of the "definitely nots". Wearing hearing protection on duty is also a big no go.

I understand that any muzzle device short of a suppressor is still going to be loud as hell, however I'm looking for something that will direct the concussion of the shot forward towards whatever I'm shooting at rather than to the side towards other officers. There are certain methods of clearing close quarters where one's muzzle might be just a few inches forward and to the side of another officer's face. Depending on the muzzle device, that could side some serious injuries to eyes or whatever else if the muzzle blast is being directed to the side such as it would with a brake. Permanent hearing damage would be a certainty as well.

Being that it is a personally owned weapon though and also is going to be pinned and welded since it's a 14.5" barrel, I would like something that is designed for suppressor attachments such as the AAC Blackout flash hider or the Surefire SF3P. If I can't find any better options than the AAC blackout then I think that may be what I am going to settle on as its flash suppression seems to be the best for suppressor compatible flash hiders. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with other similar devices or options.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Note that I was referring to the AAC Link Removed attachment that fits on the AAC Link Removed muzzle brake, just like the AAC Link Removed silencer would. This is exactly what you are looking for. See the video below.

Note that I was referring to the AAC Link Removed attachment that fits on the AAC Link Removed muzzle brake, just like the AAC Link Removed silencer would. This is exactly what you are looking for. See the video below.

Thanks for the info. Wound up going with the Blackout 51t so that I can throw the Blastout on there for any indoor building searches.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back