Best models to carry

Neal

My Dad and I went to a gun show in Florida earlier today. I am looking for a model that is smaller than my full sized Smith and Wesson 9 mm. that I have had for 15 years. I have found several "slim" models that feel really good with a single hand grip, and I wonder if any of you have had experience with any of these models and what your opinion of them is. The models I identified are-

SW M908
Glock 36
Bersa 380 Thunder
Taurus 709 Slim

Any thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

Out of the lineup you just suggested, the Glock 36 gets my vote... but of course the folks here know that already:biggrin:

Of those you listed the only brand of auto that I have experience with is a glock. Not sure about the particular model but in general a glock is a fine gun. IMHO.

I own a Bersa Thunder 380 and use it as a ccw sometimes. It is a good reliable handgun at a good price.

I cc my BT.380 CC.... Less snag points ..... Nice weapon..... comes with finger grooves... I like the BT.380 as well, it fits better in my hands..... I mod'ed my cc to fit....

Neal,
What can you shoot the best?
What are you most comfortable carrying?
What can you conceal the best out of the answers to questions 1 and 2?

If the answer to all three questions is the same gun, then that's the one you should get.

What JTG said, and have you tried any Kahr handguns on for size? If you're a fan of the slimmer designs, they make a nice sidearm. I don't have any of their products, but I've handled them and they're very comfortable in the hand.

Cheetah,

I did not even know that those other forums existed. Thanks for the advice and I will check them out.

Neal

I can't really comment on which one is the most comfortable to carry (because I have not carried before), but I lean toward the SW 908 because the firearm I have had for 15 years is the SW 915. The 908 is the little brother of the 915, and seems to be laid out the same way (thumb safety, ect.) so it naturally feels more comfortable because I am familiar with the design.

What JTG said, and have you tried any Kahr handguns on for size? If you're a fan of the slimmer designs, they make a nice sidearm. I don't have any of their products, but I've handled them and they're very comfortable in the hand.

I like the Kahr a lot... conceals well, accurate, relaiable.... becoming the one I carry most... my Phantom helps!

Glock 36

or

Smith Wesson SW9VE (9mm)

220058_large.jpg

I recently bought a Kahr PM9 and it carries real well in corgo pants pocket. Always with a pocket holster. It does take a few rounds to break it in, but is very reliable after that.

Jimmy

All the weapons you mentioned are good, the Glock 36 is a 45, but the G-26 is a 9mm, it is small for a Glock but still a little chunky, my wife and I each have 709s very nice shooting gun between the two we probably got close to 3000 rds thru them, no problems

I have carried a Taurus PT 745 for a number if year now and it has served me well. I vote for the Taurus. Great quality for a great price!

I have a Bersa Thunder 380. It is a very good gun for CC. In fact, my husband had already claimed it for his after this guy who wanted to buy it off me hasn't contacted me for a good while. I have a XDm 9mm which just fits my little hand with more ammo in the mags than I would probably wanted but that's my way just in case it will take more than 8 bullets to stop a threat to me and mine. My XD by the way is my BUG. My primary is a Glock 23, 40 caliber.

Cheers.:pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back