Best House Alarm Ever is not a firearm

gdcleanfun

Banned
At 5:30 this morning, a holiday, we're sleeping soundly. But, wait, the dog wakes us, she is barking hysterically. We bolt upright in bed. Listening, watching, waiting. Nothing. Pistols in hand, open the bedroom door so slowly, quietly, let the dog run out, still barking hysterically. Nothing. Check the doors. Check the windows. Again, nothing. Tell the kid to stay in his room. Turn on all outside lights. Put dog on leash, take her outside. Nothing. No one. Breathe a sign of relief. Exhale again.

We don't know who or what was outside. It could have been either a two- or a four-legged critter. We're still on edge. Thank goodness nothing happened. It rained this morning and it rained yesterday so there will be tracks in the mud. There is more mud than gravel around the house. On purpose, just for this purpose. We're safe! You all stay safe! Happy, safe, and sane Thanksgiving day for everyone! gobble gobble

Glad you all are ok. Yes I agree dogs make excellent alarms. I have 100 pound Akita that would probably rip an intruder apart if he could get to them, but even a little harmless barking dog is excellent protection.

Glad you all are ok. Yes I agree dogs make excellent alarms. I have 100 pound Akita that would probably rip an intruder apart if he could get to them, but even a little harmless barking dog is excellent protection.

You are correct. Ours is a tiny Papillion, but she doesn't know she's tiny and has run off Border Collies. Can you say Napoleon? LOL

This is a pic of a dog like my tiny Papillion:

Papillion.jpg

glad your ok. i don't think i would mess with your dog eather.
we have two they let us know when somebody is around.

Ours do a good job of barking....sometimes annoyingly, but I try to remember that in the dead of night this will be a life saver.

Ours do a good job of barking....sometimes annoyingly, but I try to remember that in the dead of night this will be a life saver.

That's exactly what we thought. She can bark all she damn-well-wants-to in the middle of the night or in the middle of the day. Either is okay with me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back