Best Gun and Carry for Weak Hand ONLY

David E

What is the best gun to carry when your strong side arm/hand is unexpectedly incapacitated?

How would you carry it ?

Reasons for choosing it ?

I have my ideas, but I'm curious about what everyone else thinks.........

Thanks !

:D :D :D

I carry my BUG, usually a Ruger SP101 in .357 mag, in a support side carry holster. I like the Ruger because it's small, effective and I can shoot it well with either hand. Also, since it's a revolver, there is no slide to rack or levers to manipulate.

I carry a Kel-Tec P32 W/ clip draw, front waistband left of buckle. Fits perfectly in my pelvic dip between my hip bone and stomach, never feel it.
I can draw it weak or strong hand.

Side note> I practice drawing my strong side wepon in iwb 4 o'clock with weak hand both ways (around my stomach and behind my back). And I practice reloading, racking and firing one handed (strong and weak).

Clarification in the Topic Focus

When I said your primary arm was "unexpectedly incapacitated," I meant that you broke your arm falling of the ladder or some-such, NOT being wounded in a gunfight.

Let's say you break your arm on Saturday........what gun in what holster would you be wearing on Monday morning?

Off Duty I carry two guns, thinking of making it three.

Strong Side Hip, Weak Side Pocket is what I'm using now, but move the pocket gun to the ankle when driving/sitting. I'm thinking of dedicating one gun to ankle carry only, weak hand, and another gun for Weak Side Pocket.

Right now I carry a S&W 442 as my Weak Side Pocket Gun. I may move it to the Weak Side Ankle and put a Kahr PM9 in the Weak Side Pocket.

Biker

Ok, broke arm

I'd probable still carry my p32 in front waistband. I also carry my strong side weapon in a comp-tac m-tac iwb that i could adjust to a vertical carry and move it to the small of my back 7 o'clock so I could weak hand manipulate it. Like I said I practice weak hand manipulation so much I can almost call my weak hand my strong. Practice Practice Practice

Here's my take:

I want a gun I can handle easily one handed.

I want a gun with high capacity, because I don't want to have to reload it one handed.

I want a gun that has no levers to disengage.

I want a gun that does NOT have a hard trigger pull.

The gun(s) I would carry for weak hand only (broken primary arm) would be a Glock 17, XD, or M&P carried in a KyTac BraveHeart IWB holster.

Good post David. If my strong arm is out of commission I would probably carry my 38 in my pocket for the time needed, I should practice for that situation when at the range so I would be ready. Hate to start buying holsters for the weak side.

DJ58

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back