Best Glock Trigger Upgrade

Amsdorf

VDMA VIDEOS
I had my Glock 17 (Gen 4) out at the training facility today to use it for the first time with the Haley Skimmer trigger system from Glock Triggers.

I have used several different after-market triggers in my Glocks, including Zev, etc. and ... by far ... this is the very finest trigger I've ever had in a Glock.

I am not able to detail precisely why, but this trigger really eliminates the "Glock mush" ... the take up is short, the break is the closest thing to a single action trigger I've ever experienced in a Glock. The reset is very short and very crisp.

I've shot thousands of rounds through various Glocks with various triggers...thousands and thousands...today I was more accurate and consistently getting tighter groups than I ever had before.

I was shooting rapidly in various drills and nailing the groups, heads shots, center mass, etc.

I backed it up to 30 yards out against a "center mass" size steel target and was getting consistent good hits with quick double gaps. I will comment on the sights I had installed in another post, but the Skimmer trigger was simply and truly outstanding.

What I like is that with this trigger you are not sacrificing reliability for a better trigger.

If you have been looking a great trigger option...do yourself a big favor and check this one out:

The TRAVIS HALEY SKIMMER Enhanced Carry Trigger System - Glocktriggers.com

The TRAVIS HALEY SKIMMER ENHANCED CARRY TRIGGER SYSTEM gives your Glock the performance of a stock 1911. Manufactured using 100% OEM parts, all of the metal components are individually hand polished to a mirror finish for consistent, reliable action. The mated surfaces glide freely, adding a smooth short transition into a predictable wall. The trigger break is crisp and clean, reducing muzzle movement. This is made possible by our unique pre-travel reduction modification, which is non-adjustable. Multiple inspection points are part of the production process. This system is completely drop-in with no fitting required.
For Carry Use
All metal components are hand polished to a mirror finish.
Includes:
  • Smooth Trigger w/ Trigger Bar / OEM / Modified to Reduce Pre-Travel & polished
  • Trigger Housing w/ Ejector / OEM polished
  • Minus Connector / Optional 5.5 lb. standard connector / OEM polished
  • Trigger Spring / OEM polished
  • Firing Pin spring / OEM polished
  • Firing pin safety spring / OEM polished
  • Firing Pin Safety / OEM polished
  • Spring cups / OEM
5.5 lb connector OPTION: If you would like this product with the standard 5.5 lb. connector, please request this Option in the “Special Instructions” section during checkout.

I am staying with the Link Removed for $37 in my Glock 19, 26 and 20. I did polish all the trigger parts myself with a Dremel and a polishing wheel. Other than the shorter trigger travel, I doubt that the SKIMMER trigger will be any different. I don't need a shorter trigger travel for self defense. I rather spend my money on training than on a $160 trigger per gun.

You don't know what you are missing, bro. I've tried most of the rest, this is the best. I am a member of a professional training facility and have taken nearly 100 classes and I'll just say this is the best trigger I've ever used...'nuff said.

For those thinking of swapping out a Glock trigger....the Skimmer is one you need to try out.

In my Glock 19 and Glock 22 I have the 3.5lb. Ghost connector. I did the "$0.50 trigger job" on both of them. I'm very happy with the result. I see no need to shorten the trigger stroke.

Folks are missing the point. The trigger break with the Skimmer is a solid break, like a quality single stage trigger, instead of the "Glock mush" ... it allows for better trigger control and hence better accuracy, which is also important in self-defense.

Check out this video on the Ghost Evo Elite connector and the Gear Review at The Truth About Guns. The Evo Elite connector works differently than the OEM and any other Ghost connector, which are "mushy".

I certainly understand that the Skimmer trigger may be better, but is it worth spending the money on it knowing that I am already happy with the trigger I have? Looking at the Skimmer trigger reviews, the only difference I can see is the pre-travel reduction modification which I don't need. The clean break on both triggers, Skimmer and Ghost Evo Elite, looks to me the same.

I hear ya; and I'm sure Travis Haley makes a very good trigger; but, my highly polished, mostly factory-stock, Glock trigger mechanisms are so good that I have absolutely no need to buy another trigger. Besides I like the, so-called, 'mush' at a Glock trigger's front end. The required initial take-up gives me a moment's pause in order to decide whether or not I really want to fire the pistol. I think of this front end, 'mush' as, something of, an additional safety barrier too.

Besides I don't really work with either the first shot, or the initial trigger stroke; it's the trigger's reset point that matters most to me; and, on an (even) factory-stock Glock, the trigger's reset is nearly perfect! This is one of the few things about Glock pistols that I really like, and have worked to ever so slightly improve on my own Glocks.

To each his own! (It's often whatever you get used to.) Me? I really don't need to spend anymore money on my Glocks; they're fine just the way they are; and, trust me, I shoot them well enough not to need to change anything. Another thing: I'm NOT sure how I feel about shortening the front end of a Glock's trigger stroke?

On an EDC Glock I think I'd prefer to work without it. :smile:

OK, I held off on the joke as long as I could. Best upgrade for a Glock trigger, jack up the ammo and replace the Glock with a S&W. :biggrin:

OK, I held off on the joke as long as I could. Best upgrade for a Glock trigger, jack up the ammo and replace the Glock with a S&W. :biggrin:

There are certainly many jokes that can be made about Glocks. The S&W M&P line, in my opinion, has a worse stock trigger though and trigger upgrades are common for those as well. Not sure what you mean with "jack up the ammo". :unsure:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back