Best finish for carry?

Aggressive1

I am currently carrying my first pistol which is a stainless 9mm S&W 3906. So I don't have much experience with blue or coated firearms. I really like the black/blued (I think) Kimber and its seems like it would be less noticable if my sweatshirt came up while Concealed Carrying. But will this finish wear off if its in a holster daily and I have to practice drawing to get used to it? Is a stainless a better alternative? Are there dark coatings that either Taurus or Kimber have that will hold up to the holstering?

I am currently carrying my first pistol which is a stainless 9mm S&W 3906. So I don't have much experience with blue or coated firearms. I really like the black/blued (I think) Kimber and its seems like it would be less noticable if my sweatshirt came up while Concealed Carrying. But will this finish wear off if its in a holster daily and I have to practice drawing to get used to it? Is a stainless a better alternative? Are there dark coatings that either Taurus or Kimber have that will hold up to the holstering?

With proper care and maintanence, you should have no problems with the finish of your firearm. Concealed properly, you shouldn't have any problems with the firearm being exppsed "accidently" or otherwise.

gf

No matter how well cared for your firearms are, they'll all experience holster wear. Getting a lined holster (ie., a sued lined leather holster) will cut down on it, but won't completely eliminate it. Also, if you want less holster wear, stay away from plastic holsters!

The plastic/kydex holsters shouldn't damage the finish on a quality handgun.

I've drawn and re-holstered my Sig P229 over 13,000 times from a Blackhawk Serpa holster with no noticeable wear. It will get marks on it, but they wipe off with a good cleaning.

I've heard that stainless is a good option if you live in an environment or carry in a way that a lot of sweat will be getting on the pistol.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back