Best conceal carry holsters?

Glock513

I'm a new CCW holder without much experience with holsters. I bought an FBI belt holster but that won't be much use this summer. With limited funds for what I expect will become an expensive collection of holsters, what is my best next holster to get me through the summer?

What gun do you want to carry? How do you normally dress? What requirements do you have to meet with your dress? There's all kinds of details that have to be considered. Would you prefer to carry IWB or OWB or would you consider a Smart Carry?

Judging by your name I would assume you are going to be carrying a Glock. I carry a glock 23 in a crossbreed supertuck deluxe. It was around 90 bucks. Well worth the price. It is soo comfortable. Its hard to believe its an Inside The Waistband (IWB). For an OWB I have a Blackhawk Serpa. It was 19 bucks. And I think it has the best retention set up out there. I have used the concealed carry shirts but the barrel of the firearm pokes me in the ribs and is un comfortable. But for deep concealment I can deal with it for a few hours. For example I wore it to a wedding a few weeks ago and was able to not worry about printing. I also have a galco summer comfort IWB ($70) but I retired it for the crossbreed. I would fork out the cash and get the crossbreed. My $.02

I normally dress business casual, dress pants and dress shirt tucked in. After work is normally jeans and golf shirt tucked. Looks like I'll need to untuck the golf shirt or change dress style. Any suggestions? I carry a glock 19.

I normally dress business casual, dress pants and dress shirt tucked in. After work is normally jeans and golf shirt tucked. Looks like I'll need to untuck the golf shirt or change dress style. Any suggestions? I carry a glock 19.

I carry my Glock 30 or my Glock 26 in a Fist tuckable Kydex or Fist IWB Kydex with an untucked T-shirt or other shirt. I have tucked the shirt and not been noticed but it shows too much for me (knowing it's there). Tucked shirt with a vest works well. I've also used a SmartCarry for either gun and it works well when I am business casual.

I'm actually partial to my Blackhawk! inside the pants form-fitted leather holster for my SIG P226. It holds the gun secure and is easy to draw from, as well as VERY concealable under even the thinnest t-shirts.

go to Comtac holsters and look at the Minitour IWB..very comfortable and I wear dress shirt with Glock 23 same size as your 19. You can even conceal a handgun under a t -shirt tucked in.. cost 80.00.

Glock 513

I have tried just about every holster made, than I ordered the holster below from Sportsmans Guide.

I carry a 9mm Springfield XDm. 19+1

I wear it center of my back and can slide the tail of my T shirt into the metal clip to keep it from rideing up and exposing my CCW.

The Following Information from Sportsmans Guide on line catalog:

Only you will know. Carry with confidence when you carry the Inside-The-Pant Holster from Pro-Tech Outdoors. Heavy-duty nylon Holster holds most medium frame pistols safely and securely, providing easy access and pistol protection.

Keep it close:

Fits most medium / small frame pistols and autos
Strong nylon construction
Lightweight and compact
Soft-ride comfort
Upper-barrier center wall
Soft interior protects pistol's finish
Steel belt clip holds tight. Measures 4 x 4", weighs 2 ozs.
WX2-135027 Pro - Tech Outdoors Inside - The - Pant Pistol Holster
$14.97
Club Price $13.47

Take Care
Debray

Holster Dilema

As the weather warms up, I will be using my Smartcarry and carrying my S&W 340PD Snubbbie in a pocket holster. During the cooler months I go with an OWB holster for my 1911. I also carry OWB with my 1911 in the summer when I am wearing Hawaiian Shirts (t-shirt underneath to help protect from sweat), shorts and flip flops. Hawaiian shirts are excellent conceal garments....just make sure they hang low enough. Tie-Dye t-shirts, size XL work well also, as the pattern breaks up the outline of the weapon quite well!

Since it seems like you always tuck in your shirt the Crossbreed supertuck is the way to go. I like mine and I never tuck in my shirt. Smart Carry too.

Just bought a Summer Comfort from Galco and boy it it comfortable. For a G23 at the 3:00 position IWB I have to say I am VERY impressed:biggrin:

Just bought a Summer Comfort from Galco and boy it it comfortable. For a G23 at the 3:00 position IWB I have to say I am VERY impressed:biggrin:

I started carrying my G23 in the Summer comfort. I also have one for my 1922 Govt. I thought it was comfortable until I tried the Crossbreed Supertuck. The difference is like night and day. Im going to Quote by saying that
mikeintexas said:
wearing the galco is like strapping a brick to the inside of my waist band

I loved the summer comfort when I wore it but I'd still take the crossbreed over it now.

Kholsters might be ugly but the comfort factor is by far the best I have used. and at 45.00 shipped and lifetime warranty hard to beat!

I'll throw my $.02 in with the Minotaur MTAC from Comp-Tac. Extremely comfortable and they are tuckable. They let you change the shell to carry different pistols with the same holster too.

Can't say enough about the bare asset. Here is the website and even the advertisement has a picture carrying a glock. I am not a big Glock fan to say the least so I have never carried one, but this holster is also a great recommendation.

Bare Asset

I'm waiting on my supertuck (patiently... got 2 weeks left of my 3 week wait), and I bought a Blackhawk CQC Sportster Serpa paddle holster. It's nice, but does not conceal my XD service too well. Even regardless of the longer handle, the gun is not snug to the body like it should be. I'm gonna keep the holster for range/hunting, but don't be fooled, it's not a CNC holster like it advertises:
"Ideal for casual concealed carry" <---- lie

Best Conceal carry.

Hummm, Seems like nobody uses the belly bands anymore. ? I love mine. Tuck my Kahr CW9 in it and off I go. It isn't really good for the larger autos though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back