Best ammunition for Springfield XDS .45

hfd45287

Just purchased Springfield XDS .45 looking for the best ammo to place in it for concealed carry as well as best ammo for targeting shooting. Also anyone hear if +p ammo is ok to shoot in it? Price has no factor just looking what everyone feels on certain ammo. All if any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tyler

Mine likes everything fed to it so far. For practice I use WW white box or the Federal Champion, my carry load is the Winchester PDX-1 or the 185gr +P gold dot. Like I said, it eats anything and has been 100%.

Mine has had not a single problem with any Federal, Win, Rem, UMC, Independence, or cci Blazer, regardless if brass or alum, FMJ or HP, 165 to 230gr. 600+ rounds down the pipe.

Target/plinking has been 230gr WWB or Federal Champion. Carry is Federal HST 230gr (+P). Eats anything I feed it.

I'm also using Speer GD 230gr short barrel HP for carry. Have used a score of brands as well as reloads for practice, all performed without problems.

Eats anything

I've had my XD .45 for nearly six years and so far it eats anything I feed it. Hollow points, steel case, reloads, whatever. The XD 9mm I've carried for the last few years is the same. Gluttons, both of them. :)

I just got an XDS 45 and my friend sold me a mess of different 45 caliber ammunition. I got federal aluminum, another federal ammo box, and Winchester FMJ. Does anyone know if any or all of these bullets will fire correctly and not jam it? This is my first firearm and I'm just wondering before I do anything stupid.

Thank you, Bob

I just got an XDS 45 and my friend sold me a mess of different 45 caliber ammunition. I got federal aluminum, another federal ammo box, and Winchester FMJ. Does anyone know if any or all of these bullets will fire correctly and not jam it? This is my first firearm and I'm just wondering before I do anything stupid.

Always use the correct ammunition with your firearm, i.e., the correct caliber and pressure rating. Your firearm is chambered for .45 ACP, so .45 ACP ammunition is what you should use. .45 ACP +P (i.e., slightly higher pressure) ammunition may work in your firearm as well, but consult the firearm's manual (or self-proclaimed Internet firearms experts) for that. Use manufactured ammunition and don't use hand loads. Observe the basic rules of firearms safety. Other than that, you won't be "doing anything stupid".

What most people talking about when considering ammunition is the overall reliability of the combination specific gun + specific ammo. Ammunition manufacturers use different powders and bullets that can create variations across the brand spectrum, despite the fact that a cartridge, like .45 ACP, is standardized. These variations can cause a firearm not to cycle ammunition correctly, such as a failure to feed or a failure to eject. These are standard firearms malfunctions that are cleared using standard procedures that you should learn.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back