Best all around Handgun

Jeffrey1235

What handgun would you consider "the very best" for you. In other words not counting price; considering just the gun and its good or bad points. Which one would you say is your favorite and why? The reason I ask is I am thinking about which gun to add to my collection next and would like to get some input.

My vote goes for the H&K USP Compact 45. It is super dependable, accurate, and concealable. H&K does not have a great reputation for good customer service, but they are so dependable, you probably won't need it!

Any Glock will do...IMO! Everybody has a favorite and their reasons for it. 1911's, revolvers, Sig's, XD's, etc..etc..

Reliability
Dependability
Ease of use
Safe
Accurate
Tough
Versatile
Affordable

Glock's come in all popular semi-auto calibers from .380 ACP to 10mm Auto..
Yes, I know the .380 models cannot be imported into the US. And they don't make one for .38 Super.

GLOCK for me is the best, no bells and whistles, its always ready, and come in all cal. thats my choice.. it all depends on what a person likes, When it comes down to it there all good to have when needed.....

Any Glock will do...IMO! Everybody has a favorite and their reasons for it. 1911's, revolvers, Sig's, XD's, etc..etc..

Reliability
Dependability
Ease of use
Safe
Accurate
Tough
Versatile
Affordable

Glock's come in all popular semi-auto calibers from .380 ACP to 10mm Auto..
Yes, I know the .380 models cannot be imported into the US. And they don't make one for .38 Super.

I second that

I guess it's the cowboy in me (A guy can dream right?) or the remnants of a little boy that ran around the yard with two 6 shooters, two holsters on his belt, and a roll of caps chasing the next-door neighbors dog, but I love the revolver… Smith and Wesson makes some of the finest.

wow that question could start a pissing match! lol I'll through my two cents in anyways....

My primary carry is a Kimber Ultra CDP II. I absolutely love it. I have yet to feel a polymer gun that feels as good in my hand as it does. Not to mention the trigger feel is outstanding.

HK USP is also nice and I wouldn't mind owning one someday. I would take a sub/compact XD over a glock any day.

But that’s just me.

I see a couple of people have thrown in .45's, but nobody has thrown in the Colt 1911 .45 ??

Hard to argue with almost 100 years of solid history!! It's the gun that Browning designed and has changed very little over the years.. It is amazing how right he got the design on the 1st try...

If not #1, it deserves honorable mention..

For me it's a 5" Nighthawk GRP Recon with a Streamlight TLR-2 mounted on the gun's rail. This .45 ACP 1911 is utterly reliable, amazingly accurate, and with the combo light/laser on the rail, I have all I want and need in a home defense weapon.

Hard to argue the 1911 reliability... Affordability?? Not so much. I am sure Nighthawks are very well made pistols. However, unless you are in a much higher tax bracket, they are not very affordable. Are they as tough and rugged as a Glock? Maybe. I cannot argue that the 1911 pistol is a great gun. However if you want to buy one that is American made, prepare to cough up a lot of cash. Especially for the so called "custom" pistols. Volkmann, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Rock River Arms, Caspian, etc.. etc... etc.. any of these will cause you to take out a second mortgage.

the xd is cheaper than the glock and it comes with holster and mag carrier, and just as reliable.

I prefer a double action semi auto like a cz75b, hk 45 usp, or any sig. These guns have great double single action triggers.

i also have glocks thier grate guns with decent triggers.

Would have to say my two Taurus 24/7 Pros, 9mm & 45acp.With well over 7000 rounds in both,I have yet to have any problems with either one.:biggrin:

Glock, the ultimate combat handgun. Simply point and shoot. No safety levers, magazine disconnect and other junk added to the gun. All your Glock needs is a good sturdy holster and remember the number one safety rule. Don't put your finger on the trigger until ready to shoot. :pleasantry:

the xd is cheaper than the glock and it comes with holster and mag carrier, and just as reliable.

I prefer a double action semi auto like a cz75b, hk 45 usp, or any sig. These guns have great double single action triggers.

i also have glocks thier grate guns with decent triggers.

When choosing a firearm that my life and the lives of others may depend on, I don't want the word "cheap" to be a word that describes the firearm.

I have had experience with many different firearms. I find the XD a good piece of equipment, though not my first choice for a defensive firearm.

gf

You can't beat a Glock for dependability. Not the fanciest gun around but they always go bang. IMAO.

I'd say "the best gun for you" is the one you can realistically afford, effectively control and score vital hits with.

Ideally, if that same gun provided you all kinds of versatility, easily accessable and affordable, quality accesories, then that's a huge "+1" in the "best gun for me" category.

Train and train a lot, with whatever it is.

(How's that for a politician's side-step in not answering a simple question?!) :pleasantry:

I third Glockster 20, Plus I have yet to own one but, I have developed a fondness for just about every CZ 75 I have had the chance to lay my hands on. It's the next item to add to the collection for me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back