Bersa Thunder 380 cc magazine compatability?

father-of-three

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Bersa 380 deluxe 9 round magazine (the one with the finger rest) is compatable with the Thunder 380 cc. I was not able to find a definitive answer for this on line, as there is the Thunder 380 with a 7 round mag and the Thunder 380cc with a 8 round mag. Most of the info I was able to find related to the Thunder 380, not the 380 cc.

It seems a little peculiar that the Thunder 380 and the Thunder 380cc have different magazines that reportedly are not interchangable. I was hoping the 9 round deluxe magazine was, as these are hard to find!

While I can't answer your specific question, I'll tell you why I no longer own a Bersa. My father some 15 years ago decided he wanted a little more powerful gun than the Ruger Single Six with 22 mags loaded for house protection. I took him to a gun show and we ran into a friend that was wanting to sell a Bersa he had with him...only had the one magazine and he only wanted $100 for it. So, my father gave him the $100. Several years ago, my father passed away and I became the recipient of the few guns he owed. I took the Bersa to the range and tried it out...shot ok. So, I started looking for some extra mags. That's where the rub comes. I tried on line...gun shows etc...no flipping mags fit the gun period. After looking for over two years for extra mags...with no success. I traded off the gun.

While I can't answer your specific question, I'll tell you why I no longer own a Bersa. My father some 15 years ago decided he wanted a little more powerful gun than the Ruger Single Six with 22 mags loaded for house protection. I took him to a gun show and we ran into a friend that was wanting to sell a Bersa he had with him...only had the one magazine and he only wanted $100 for it. So, my father gave him the $100. Several years ago, my father passed away and I became the recipient of the few guns he owed. I took the Bersa to the range and tried it out...shot ok. So, I started looking for some extra mags. That's where the rub comes. I tried on line...gun shows etc...no flipping mags fit the gun period. After looking for over two years for extra mags...with no success. I traded off the gun.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, when it comes to magazines, Glock rules and Bersa does not even come close! And given the price of their guns, the magazines are a bit pricey! After a few hours of searching a few Bersa blog sites, I was able to find my answer. Apparently the "factory" does not recommended switching bersa thunder 380 magazines with bersa thinder 380cc magazines. I have yet to figure out how mechanically different they are.

However...

The "regular" thunder 380 comes with a 7 round mag and the thunder 380cc (which I have) comes with an 8 round mag. Apparently some people have had success switching them out. Some people on the blogs really got into it by switching the base plates and such. When I bought my 380cc, I also puschased a deluxe 9 round magazine, which, per the factory I recently found out, is only to be used for the thunder 380, which may have explained why the last round in the magazine misfed almost every time I shot it. I had a dealer tell me it was my ammunition, but the same ammo fed fine in the 8 round magazine. It looks like gunclips.net may be my answer for magazine #2, but there's still a few more local stores to seek out...

Try BersaChat.com everything you need and want to know about Bersas, very knowledgeable people over there

380 cc

Go to bersa's site and it says the 380 CC can not use the seven or nine round clip (only for the thunder 380). You can only use the flat bottom eight round clip for the CC. The magazine butt plate has a void in it about 150 to 200 thousands that is what gives you the eighth round.
You can put a new finger grip on the clip but you will lose one round out of that clip.
The CC does not have too many accessories to make the gun yours.

Bersa followed suit with Walther. The PPK and the PPK/S mag's are not interchangeable either.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back