Bersa Mini Firestorm 45

rrc1962

I looked at one today. It fits my hand nicely. I also looked at a Taurus PT145 and a Kahr CW45. The Kahr has a thinner profile but didn't feel right in my big hands. The PT145 feels good and holds 11 rounds vs 7 rounds in the Bersa.

What's the verdict on Bersa? Is it a decent gun. I know from the price point that it's not best. I like the action on the Bersa over the PT145. The Bersa is true DA/SA with a hammer. Opinions?

Thanks...

Both good

I have a bersa 380CC and it is great. I also have the Taurus PT145 Mil-pro stainless and it has been very good.
Go to bersatalk.com and read up on the 45. Most are extremely pleased with them. I think if the bersa held more rounds and I could actually find one it would be the winner. The construction on the bersa/fiirestorm line is very good. The finishes leave something to be desired.
:: Bersa Talk :: - Forums

I'm actually looking at the Bersa Firestorm .380 or the Kel-Tec P11 for my wife. I like the .380. Very comfortable in my hand and easily concealable. She wasn't overjoyed because it wasn't "pretty".:rolleyes: We haven't been able to find a P11 in person yet.

I'm actually looking at the Bersa Firestorm .380 or the Kel-Tec P11 for my wife. I like the .380. Very comfortable in my hand and easily concealable. She wasn't overjoyed because it wasn't "pretty".:rolleyes: We haven't been able to find a P11 in person yet.

Get her a standard thunder. They make nickel, and even a "pimp" version with gold. You can get semi-custom wood grips for the thunders here that are absolutely beautiful and affordable. :: Bersa Talk :: - Forums
Link Removed

If she thinks the thunders are ugly she will puke when she sees a P11. :bad:

I have the 380 and feel it is a very nice gun I have had no problem with it. I also have some friends that have it as well and love it. I do knot think you can go worng with one.

I recently purchased a used Bersa Mini FireStorm, 40 cal and just love it. Have also Bretta and Ruger pistols, but like the FireStorm the best!

I looked at one today. It fits my hand nicely. I also looked at a Taurus PT145 and a Kahr CW45. The Kahr has a thinner profile but didn't feel right in my big hands. The PT145 feels good and holds 11 rounds vs 7 rounds in the Bersa.

What's the verdict on Bersa? Is it a decent gun. I know from the price point that it's not best. I like the action on the Bersa over the PT145. The Bersa is true DA/SA with a hammer. Opinions?

Thanks...

Don't base your judgement of quality on the firearm's cost. Is a Kimber a "better" gun than a Glock since it's twice the price?

Bersa manufactures quality firearms at an affordable cost. I picked one up at a gun show recently, and I thought it to be quite a worthy gun. I'd say go for it if you like it. The only downside might be an inavailability of holster options.

The three on my short list now are the Firestorm, Springfield XD and Glock 30. Of course the XD and Glock are quite a bit more money than the Firestorm. Decisions, decisions... There's too many to choose from. :)

Do you have any way of test shooting all of them? All other things equal in my eyes, I'd go with the Bersa for no other reason except cost....

Then again....I'd make sure there was a holster available for it before I laid down my money.

I was able to shoot the Glock and Firestorm. I went with the Glock 30SF with night sites. The recoil felt better on the G30. Rapid fire, 6 shots, I was able to hold a better grouping consistently on the G30 and it just felt better in my hand. I paid $710 for the Glock. The Firestorm was $399 + $125 for night sights. I might still buy one if I can score a real good deal at the gun show. I also bought the wife a Kahr CW9.

10 rd. Clips

Hey Fellow Bersites,

I was just wondering if anyone has seen or knows where to get a 10 rds(or more?) .45 cal magazines that will fit the Mini Firestorm .45???

Thanks in advance,

Jaime

Last edited:

Thanks...

Very good shooting gun - surprisingly accurate. There was a run of pistols that would not fully return to battery, but this is covered under warranty.

jaimedrury
Bersa/firestorm mags and a full line of accessories can be found at condorsflight.com also check out bersa chat for the best forum. Thers are a bunch of nuts over there.

I recently purchased a BERSA/FIRESTORM MINI .45 PRO, (ALL NICKEL MODEL), IMPORTED BY RSA.

I took it to the range a few days ago, shot only about 21 rounds, just to check it out...I was very
surprised at the accuracy of this little pistol ! I was shooting at a standard military full silouette paper
pistol target at about 10meters and the first 7 rds all went into a 3 in grouping or so.

I bought this little pistol from a guy for $350, and it included a nylon side holster and a nice pelican case as well.
He had only put exactly 130 rds thru it for his (armed guard) initial permit trng.

So, now it has 151 total rds thru it, LOL.

The Bersa Model 85 was the first semi-auto pistol I ever bought back in 88'. I still liked it better when they made them of all steel, but I do think the alloy ones now are lighter. The still build a solid gun for the money.:biggrin:

Bersa

What's going to be your purpose for the weapon? To shoot for fun or use as self defense at home or carry piece?
My daughter has a Bersa 380 Thunder I got her for her 21st birthday and it was more reliable than my Walther PPKS by S&W. She's also a better shot than me. My instructor said buy the best you can afford. For CCW I'd want XD, M&P or Sig 229 as a great piece. FN has a lot of value in their weapons too. If you are looking for a carry 45 Para Warthog has some nice guns. 1911 Springfield better yet, go to a range where you can handle a few, shoot two or three of your best choices. Then buy the favorite one, then come back for the others later. That's what I usually do.
Whatever you get see what features comes stock then take it to a good Gunsmith, get it tuned, deburred, polish feed ramp, sear, upgrade trigger, extractor & spring. Don't pay a lot for things you can do your self.
PEACE.

I finally called the Bersa/Firestorm distributor. They told me my Bersa/Firestorm Mini .45 Pro (All Satin Nickel) was
imported into the USA in April 2009, and they no longer are imported into the USA at all.
They were replaced with the Bersa Thunder series they told me. So, now I know I have one of the very
last ones imported into the USA, cool.

Kel-tec.

People love them or hate them. I had one a few years ago. action was very stiff, I kept thinking it needed to break in. After a 1200 rounds someone else pointed out the top slide was bent and I got it new. I had already sold it. They got it repaired n/c.

I have a bersa Thunder 380 you tell me if it's prettyLink Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back