Bersa .380

PX4storm

Banned
I currently carry a Beretta PX4 Storm in a .40 S&W, at times it is a little bulky and once in awhile I get tired of adjusting my pants due to its weight. Also summer is around the corner and due to its size it is a little harder to conceal ........ so here is my question ?

I am thinking about buying a Bersa .380, install Laser sights to gain better shot placement and load the pistol with Buffalo Bore +P ammo for summer carry. I have read reviews at Gunblast.com on this weapon and was impressed, I've went to a local Gun Shop and held one, they're freaking dandy !

Guys ... Gals ... I welcome your opinions. Any one carry a .380 ?

I'll be listening, too. A family member (Female, 65) had surgery on the hands. She is having trouble keeping a good hold on her Smith Hammerless with +P's. Somebody has her convinced that, that sidearm has to have +P's. ????? A brother and I thought maybe a small .380 auto may be something she can better handle.

I carry the Bersa Thunder Plus. It is the double stack (15+1) I LOVE this gun!!! Never had a FTF. I looked at the Bersa Thunder but I have long fingers, the wider grip in the double stack works for me. My daughter is saving to buy the Bersa Thunder as her CCW soon.
I can't say enough great things about the gun!!

I know you didn't ask for this..
We looked at the Bersa as well, and it seems to be a great gun..
We decided on the Sig P238 instead. It is a smaller than the Bursa and thus easier to carry..
Even makes a good back up gun for the .40
Just a thought..

24vtyxw.jpg

I have a Sig P238 and a Bersa Thunder 9. Have shot the Bersa 380CC. They're all excellent, with the P238 being the easiest slide to rack.

Check out Smith & Wesson's website. They are releasing their first sub-compact Semi-Auto 380 with built in lazer inside the gun. It is double action, with last shot slide lock and safety lever. They call it the "Bodyguard 380".
http://www.smith-wesson.com

I have a Bersa Thunder 380 and I like it very much...it just fits my hand. It was the gun I first bought for me and I am really happy with it. It is just right and smooth as anything. IWB -- it doesn't even print. My only problem with it is that it only have 7 +1 round so I upgraded to an XD 9mm a few weeks ago, 16 + 1 as my BUG.

Great

The Bersa line is great. I had a 380CC until I sold it to my dad. The 9mm Ultra Compact is the best of the line. The only drawback of the 380s is they are blowback operated and need a firmer grip to operate (limp wrist) than a similar size gun with a locking operation. They also use a stiffer recoil spring because of the blowback principle and thus are harder to chamber the first round.

Here is a 380CC with some nice Marschal Grips:
Link Removed

The standard Bersa 380 and 380CC suffered from a disconnect spring issue last year. Most of those seem to now be history, but there could be some out there as old stock. Although they do have a first owner lifetime warranty and excellent customer service through Colorado Gun Works. This issue did not seem to effect the delux model.

All that aside the Bersa is a jewel. They should be coming out with a small 9mm similar to the new Taurus Slim and PF9 later this year.
:: Bersa Talk :: • Index page

Correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure you will)

I thought Bersa's were cheap throw-away ghetto guns.

Well they are inexpensive. The are well machined, but the finishes usually leave something to be desired. More like parkerizing than a smooth bluing, although you can ge a nickel finish.
Rent or borrow one and see if you don't change your mind. In my opinion they are better than the PPKs.

The Bersa grips are well rounded and comfortable.

The PP(K) series are machined with sharp, square corners that bite into the hand.

-Doc

I'll be listening, too. A family member (Female, 65) had surgery on the hands. She is having trouble keeping a good hold on her Smith Hammerless with +P's. Somebody has her convinced that, that sidearm has to have +P's. ????? A brother and I thought maybe a small .380 auto may be something she can better handle.

Maybe a .32 ACP might be the answer. Keltec, Berreta, NAA or Seacamp.

Thank You sir, A liitle more home work to do. Brother and I never talked 32, but I think a viable option for anything she'll need in close.

Hand surgery

If she has trouble with hanging onto the pistol because of sharp recoil maybe she needs a heavier pistol?
I have a P32 and the recoil is light, but my mother could not easily rack the slide.
Maybe a the weight of something like the 3" GP100 would tame the recoil?
Just a thought...

Check out Smith & Wesson's website. They are releasing their first sub-compact Semi-Auto 380 with built in lazer inside the gun. It is double action, with last shot slide lock and safety lever. They call it the "Bodyguard 380".
Home Page - Smith & Wesson

It looks like a nice small carry piece. No MSRP listed on the site. May 2010 for the due date... I hope they will be MA compliant being that they are made here in MA...

I'm also looking forward to getting the Walther PK380 in my hands for touch and feel. I have been told March they will be at the dealers...

I also had a stainless Walther PPK in my hands this week... I keep getting the urge for a small 380 or 9mm for summer carry...

I'll have to find a Bursa and hold it..

I know you didn't ask for this..
We looked at the Bersa as well, and it seems to be a great gun..
We decided on the Sig P238 instead. It is a smaller than the Bursa and thus easier to carry..
Even makes a good back up gun for the .40
Just a thought..

24vtyxw.jpg

Sweet ..... that thing looks like a mini-colt 1911, I'll have to check it out.

The Bersa line is great. I had a 380CC until I sold it to my dad. The 9mm Ultra Compact is the best of the line. The only drawback of the 380s is they are blowback operated and need a firmer grip to operate (limp wrist) than a similar size gun with a locking operation. They also use a stiffer recoil spring because of the blowback principle and thus are harder to chamber the first round.

Here is a 380CC with some nice Marschal Grips:
Link Removed

The standard Bersa 380 and 380CC suffered from a disconnect spring issue last year. Most of those seem to now be history, but there could be some out there as old stock. Although they do have a first owner lifetime warranty and excellent customer service through Colorado Gun Works. This issue did not seem to effect the delux model.

All that aside the Bersa is a jewel. They should be coming out with a small 9mm similar to the new Taurus Slim and PF9 later this year.
:: Bersa Talk :: • Index page

Those grips are awesome !!!!!

I carry the Bersa .380 CC and would definitely recommend it for a smaller caliber carry gun. Great design and construction. Matte finish is not as pretty as the high dollar guns but it holds up very well, no experience with the nickel finish. Very comfortable to hold and fire. Lifetime warranty for the original owner. Fieldstrips in less than a minute. One of the most accurate self defense guns I have ever fired. Great buy for the money. Take one for a test drive and I think you will be impressed.

Check out the Bersa Talk Forum for more info.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back