Berkley County, WV: Delegate Overington Holding Town Hall Meeting This Saturday

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
BERKELEY COUNTY: DELEGATE OVERINGTON HOLDING TOWN HALL MEETING THIS SATURDAY

Delegate John Overington, R-Berkeley, is holding a town hall meeting this Saturday, February 7, at the Bedington Ruritan Building. Please turn out and let Delegate Overington know that you strongly support a stronger preemption law and other important pro-gun bills that WVCDL is proposing.

Delegate Overington has always been a very strong supporter of gun owners’ rights. However, by letting him know that Eastern Panhandle residents have not forgotten about preemption reform and other issues on our legislative agenda, he can share your comments and concerns with his colleagues in the House of Delegates when gun legislation is on the table. It is especially important that you attend this meeting if, for some reason, you will be unable to come to Lobby Day on March 2.

I urge everyone to please let me know via e-mail at [email protected] if any of your legislators will hold similar town hall meetings either before or during the legislative session, which begins next week.

Link Removed

TOWN MEETINGS

Town Meetings to be held Saturday, Jan. 31 & Feb. 7

Delegate John Overington has scheduled three Town Meetings for Saturday, January 31 and February 7, 2009.

The third meeting is on February 7 at the Bedington Ruritan Building from 10-11:30 a.m. (just south of the Bedington Crossroads on the west side of Rt. 11).

“Over the years these meetings across the district have provided an excellent way for me to keep in touch with the people in the Eastern Panhandle and are a very helpful link in the two-way communication that is important for government to work. Everyone is welcome to attend and participate. I hope those attending will take a few minutes to fill out the Citizens’ Poll in this newsletter and bring it to the meeting.”

"I am interested in getting input on issues and concerns that may come up during the 60-day legislative session that begins on February 11, 2009 and runs through April 11. These include legislation dealing with the economic downturn and job creation, tax relief, frivolous lawsuits and their impact on West Virginia, issues dealing with Berkeley County’s growth and keeping our state budget sound. Other topics for consideration include the status of road projects in the area, education, health care, senior citizens, law enforcement concerns and domestic violence."

TOWN MEETING SCHEDULE

SATURDAY, February 7, 2009
10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Bedington Ruritan Building

Jim Mullins
President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
Chairman, WVCDL-PAC
[email protected]
West Virginia Citizens Defense League (WVCDL)
Link Removed

I am a Berkeley County risident and I will be there as well as in Charleston, WV on March 2 for WVCDL LOBBY DAY.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back