Beretta PX4 for CC

blkcheech

I have a S&W Bodyguard .380 that I plan to carry most of the time, but I would really like to carry my full size Beretta PX4 in 9mm concealed. Does any one carry a PX4? I have seen the Crossbreed holsters and they seem like a good option. I really like the feel of the PX4 in my hand and would like to carry it more often than not. Opinions?

Welcome to carrying. I don't carry that weapon, but the Crossbreed Holster is quality. I would recommend the horsehide. Make sure you have a very good belt.

I carry a FS 1911 in mine.

You can easily carry the PX4 concealed. I am one of the many fans of the Crossbreed holsters and carry a full size M&P in a Crossbreed all day long. As stated above, make sure you have a good belt. There are other good IWB holsters that will work for you too. Concealing any firearm depends on the style of carry and how you dress. You may have to try several holsters before you find the right one for your firearm. Good luck!

I carried the subcompact PX4 very comfortably in a crossbreed supertuck. It could easily have been the full sized as the supertuck is one great holster.

I considered the Crossbreed for my Glock due to a Glocks thickness. I settled on Galcos King Tuck copy of the Crossbreed. No waiting, cheaper, don't have to pay extra for the "combat cut". I like the Crossbreed because you can get it in horsehide but I dislike the crosses on the beltclips. A third option is White Hats hybrid holster. They advertise that you can get different kydex molds for the same holster so you can switch up with out having a drawer full of holsters. More leather and color options with them as well.

I carry a full sized M&P 9mm in a Kholster IWB Holster and have no problem concealing that - the Storm would be no different. I also own a PX4 Storm but it's the subcompact so I comfortabley carry that on my ankle. Oddly enough, I've also got the Bodyguard 380 and love it for pocket carry.

I also have a 9mm Px4 Beretta (full size), and took advantage of Beretta's free poly holster offer, which is a very good carry (snaps into and out of it pretty easily). For this particular holster, it seems to work best as either middle of the back, or 4 o'clock position, but then that tends to be whatever you personally find to be most comfortable. That said, my usual carry weapon is a Taurus .357 Magnum w/ 2" barrel. I agree the Px4 is a great firearm, feels great and is one I'm proud to have in my collection. I'm just needing the additional firepower as a camper/hiker/backpacker, and bears have no sense of humor. I'm also trying to figure the best holster for a newer buy, as I just got a Ruger GP100 (also in .357 Magnum, 4" barrel). Will probably go with a fanny pack holster for the woods on this one..

Why not? There is a trend that people believe they need ever smaller guns for concealed carry, but ... I prefer to carry a big more gun should I ever need to use it. I carry a XD9SC every day and I find it reasonably easy to conceal.

I carry a PX4 .45 in a Simply Rugged 'Cuda' IWB holster with a good belt. It works fine for me. Easy to conceal at the 4 o'clock position. It does start to weigh down a bit at the end of the day and I've found that I need to adjust once in a while.

Another thing you could look at is getting an N8^2tactical.com holster or google it. Designed by two guys named Nate for IWB carry and I use it for my px4 storm subcompact. they have a full size px4 storm one too. Highly recommend checking it out and look at the fitting chart and find your firearm. I can carry mine in shorts and a t-shirt and you can see my storm. Works great for shorts and decent for pants. Quick draw too and moisture barrier is awesome to avoid rust.

I just got in the mail yesterday a Whitehat Holster for the PX4 and extra kydex for my Bodyguard .380. I tried it out with my PX4, and it was pretty comfortable. It concealed well enough in my polo shirt and pants that my wife could not tell I was carrying. So far I like it. I did look at the N8 squared holsters, and I still may buy one to try and compare.

Yea sounds like a great holster, but you can always try a Nate^2 tactical holster for in the future for the same or another gun. Click on the shopping cart and it gives you sizing chart for different guns

I thought those were called Glockenspiels, never heard one called a Glockinstead LOL. I for one am happy with the Beretta Px4 9MM, a very nice gun, that's why I got it!

I am VERY happy with my PX4 in 9mm. I owned a Glock 17 in the past, and had a weird problem with it. It would break off the tabs on my magazine followers so they would no longer hold the slide open. I shot that gun a lot and got really good at malfunctions, but it was crazy! I ended up selling it it was so annoying. The PX4 shoots way smoother and handles the recoil better with the rotating barrel, IMHO, the Beretta is superior to the Glock 17 I owned. It is also better than the Glock 22 I owned. KEyed word owned, I ended up selling all of them. I am possibly looking at a Glock 27 or 26 to try out. Can never have enough guns! :)

Yea sounds like a great holster, but you can always try a Nate^2 tactical holster for in the future for the same or another gun. Click on the shopping cart and it gives you sizing chart for different guns

Actually I was looking at their site today. I like the professional model, but they don't make that one for the PX4 yet. I will send them an email tomorrow maybe and see if they are planning to.

I also have a 9mm Px4 Beretta (full size), and took advantage of Beretta's free poly holster offer, which is a very good carry (snaps into and out of it pretty easily). For this particular holster, it seems to work best as either middle of the back, or 4 o'clock position, but then that tends to be whatever you personally find to be most comfortable. That said, my usual carry weapon is a Taurus .357 Magnum w/ 2" barrel. I agree the Px4 is a great firearm, feels great and is one I'm proud to have in my collection. I'm just needing the additional firepower as a camper/hiker/backpacker, and bears have no sense of humor. I'm also trying to figure the best holster for a newer buy, as I just got a Ruger GP100 (also in .357 Magnum, 4" barrel). Will probably go with a fanny pack holster for the woods on this one..

I carry my PX4 F .40 all the time in a holster I crafted. (couldn't find one to fit my gun with laser attached)

(As for bears, we have had a few wander through here but I hope I have much bigger fire power than a 357 (or even my Model 29, for that matter) if one should ever catch me by surprise. Like you said, bears have no sense of humor.)

I change my carry gun as it suits me. I have a PX4 that I grab every now and then in the house. When it becomes too heavy to carry, I change to my Glock 23. No sweat.

IGood luck with the Whitehat holster. I have one and love it. Every now and then I switch from my LC9 to my Beretta 96. I carry the 96 in a Whitehat with no issues as long as I dress accordingly.

I am VERY happy with my PX4 in 9mm. I owned a Glock 17 in the past, and had a weird problem with it. It would break off the tabs on my magazine followers so they would no longer hold the slide open. I shot that gun a lot and got really good at malfunctions, but it was crazy! I ended up selling it it was so annoying. The PX4 shoots way smoother and handles the recoil better with the rotating barrel, IMHO, the Beretta is superior to the Glock 17 I owned. It is also better than the Glock 22 I owned. KEyed word owned, I ended up selling all of them. I am possibly looking at a Glock 27 or 26 to try out. Can never have enough guns! :)

Which PX4 do you have? Mine is the "F" Double/Single action. I've tried the Double action only models and I didn't like them any more than I like any DAO (like all Glocks) handgun. If Glock ever does come out with a double/single action model, I will give it more than a fair chance at winning me over because I do know they make fine weapons. (despite the fact I think they are butt-ugly! LOL!)

I like the professional models at n82tactical, but they done have the storm unfortunately. I have an original and works just fine for me

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back