Beretta PX 4 Storm

CMS23

Does anyone have any opions on the Beretta PX 4 storm? Or any other .40 cal Beretta for that matter. Are they pretty reliable, mainly are the reliable compared to Glock?

The first time I held a Beretta and racked the slide I knew I was holding an amazinigly made piece of equipment. Each part smoothly moved the next and the sound of the clicking symphony was like music. That is why Beretta is my main defensive weapon at home and in the field when I can carry full size. I have never felt the same about the Glock.

The first time I held a Beretta and racked the slide I knew I was holding an amazinigly made piece of equipment. Each part smoothly moved the next and the sound of the clicking symphony was like music. That is why Beretta is my main defensive weapon at home and in the field when I can carry full size. I have never felt the same about the Glock.

I've fired both pistols side by side. The PX4 Storm is a lot better than the 92F, functions a lot nicer, and has a "meaner" appearance. Given the choice between the two, I'll take the PX4 Storm.

Given a choice between a PX4 Storm and a Glock, I'll take the Glock. Haven't had the opportunity to "torture test" a PX4 Storm, but given the high number of moving parts, frankly I'm afraid that it might not stand up to the rigors of what a Glock or Springfiied XD may be able to handle.

gf

Thanks for the info everyone. I have been considering buying another pistol, but I want to be sure about what I want before I do. I bought a glock 23 3 years ago and I am very satisfied with it. I made the choice for it over the springfield xd, but I am reconsidering it since they have started making the xdm. It seems to be more of what I am looking for than the first xd models.

A buddy of mine has a PX4 (.40) and its a fantastic gun. Handles great, especially with both of us who have smaller hands. It is also one of the easiest guns I've ever seen to break down and clean.

My only beef with the gun is that the safety is a bit out of reach, and it must be flipped up to fire. It does seem to have some spring assist that helps out in a quick thinking situation. Don't think I'm knocking this gun too hard, I'm just a big fan of safeties. The lack of a safety is the only reason I personally can't own a Glock.

You should buy a CX4 also so you can strap the PX4 onto it for total firepower supremacy.

I've fired both pistols side by side. The PX4 Storm is a lot better than the 92F, functions a lot nicer, and has a "meaner" appearance. Given the choice between the two, I'll take the PX4 Storm.

Given a choice between a PX4 Storm and a Glock, I'll take the Glock. Haven't had the opportunity to "torture test" a PX4 Storm, but given the high number of moving parts, frankly I'm afraid that it might not stand up to the rigors of what a Glock or Springfiied XD may be able to handle.

gf

I've never shot a PX4 Storm, but given what I know about Glocks, I'm wondering what the trigger pull on the PX4 Storm is like. I've gotta tell ya, when I've shot many different kinds of guns in my lifetime, from ultra cheap to ultra expensive, and everything else in between, and out of all of them, the Glock has the most unusual trigger pull of all, and I'm still trying to get used to it. I know that Beretta has a reputation for making good guns, and if given a choice between it and the Glock, at least based on what I know about Glocks, I would probably choose the Beretta (although you can never go wrong with the Glock, as long as you're willing to take the time to adjust to that weird trigger pull).

Last edited:
Does anyone have any opions on the Beretta PX 4 storm? Or any other .40 cal Beretta for that matter. Are they pretty reliable, mainly are the reliable compared to Glock?

The PX4 feels great, but I've never shot it. However, if my CX4 is any indication of the behavior of the PX4, you'll love the gun. I have a blast with my little carbine.

I've never shot a PX4 Storm, but given what I know about Glocks, I'm wondering what the trigger pull on the PX4 Storm is like. I've gotta tell ya, when I've shot many different kinds of guns in my lifetime, from ultra cheap to ultra expensive, and everything else in between, and out of all of them, the Glock has the most unusual trigger pull of all, and I'm still trying to get used to it. I know that Beretta has a reputation for making good guns, and if given a choice between it and the Glock, at least based on what I know about Glocks, I would probably choose the Beretta (although you can never go wrong with the Glock, as long as you're willing to take the time to adjust to that weird trigger pull).

The trigger pull for the PX4 storm was comperable to the CX4 storm. It's a great improvment over the 92F. As for the Glock trigger, I didn't have a problem adjusting to it. I had a few friends who were very familiar with the Glock coaching me which helped. I really like the reset of the Glock triggers. Makes keeping on target a lot easier especially with the subcompact models.

gf

Having owned both I prefer the PX 4 40 cal over the Glock. it's just More to my liking and I fell it's more accurate. just my 2 cents

I have the Px4 9mm. And, I had the 92 FS. The 92, for me, was much more accurate. The Px4 gives me about the same accuracy as my XD9 service--same barrel length. The 92 isn't as mean but it sure has classic good looks.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back