Beretta PICO

cluznar

I have been calling Beretta and first they said the PICO would be out in August. I called them again yesterday and all they will say is they are too busy with their Government contracts and had to set the PICO aside.

:dirol:

It's been about 2 years since they first announced that they were going to begin shipping. This is disappointing. Maybe it's also got something to do with their recent decisions to move parts of their operation out of Maryland due to anti-gun laws.

I've been waiting to check it out due to its size and weight. My business attire is 'business casual', meaning my shirt needs to be tucked, so most of the year, I have no way to conceal except pocket carry. Most "pocket" guns are too heavy or too big and print... plus, I get tired of pulling my pants up.

I've got a friend with a LCP, but I'm not a huge fan.

I hope they start shipping soon.

What kind of "pocket" guns are you carrying?

I consider anything that fits in a 6" long X 4.5" tall X 1" wide box to be a pocket gun.

There is a Bersa Thunder 380CC in my pocket right now. I am going to be upgrading to a 9mm Ruger LC9S which is actually lighter unloaded and loaded than my current 380.

I think that the Pico must have a design flaw which is why Beretta is not releasing it.

I thought the same thing. You'd think the success that they had with the NANO and it's modular design, it would be a no brainer that the PICO would benefit from the design issues they already solved with the NANO.

I have a Bersa Thunder .32 but I carry it in a holster no pocket. If you really want a great pocket gun then get a Kel Tec P-32 in .32 acp.
It is fantastic! The P-32 is small, very thin, light, and shoots well. Holds 7+1 and IMO is enough to take care of a problem. Also, being
.32 acp it has less recoil than the small .380's which are really snappy. This allows you easier follow up shots. A .32 acp from ten fee away will g thru 4 layers of denim and penetrate 14 inches in balistic gel. When I eventually get a PICO I will get it with the .32 conversion barrel.
:big_boss:

I have a Bersa Thunder .32 but I carry it in a holster no pocket. If you really want a great pocket gun then get a Kel Tec P-32 in .32 acp.
It is fantastic! The P-32 is small, very thin, light, and shoots well. Holds 7+1 and IMO is enough to take care of a problem. Also, being
.32 acp it has less recoil than the small .380's which are really snappy. This allows you easier follow up shots. A .32 acp from ten fee away will g thru 4 layers of denim and penetrate 14 inches in balistic gel. When I eventually get a PICO I will get it with the .32 conversion barrel.
:big_boss:

Well, I was already wondering how long it will take you this time to advertise .32 ACP. You are now advocating low capacity as well, I see (in addition to small calibers). Your gel-test numbers would be from a non-expanding FMJ bullet. As for pocket 380s, I am happy with my Taurus TCP. It is the least-snappy pocket 380 I have seen so far, especially with the +1 Pinky extension. I prefer 7+1 .380 ACP over 7+1 .32 ACP. Having said that. I carry the Taurus TCP only when I am jogging anyway. I normally carry a Glock 26 with 10+1 in 9mm. When hiking, I carry 15+1 in 10mm.

I have been calling Beretta and first they said the PICO would be out in August. I called them again yesterday and all they will say is they are too busy with their Government contracts and had to set the PICO aside.

:dirol:

Any Updates?

Was at a LGS yesterday and they were told they will begin shipping next month. The guy at the counter and I both chuckled that they've been "shipping next month" for the last two years.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back