Beretta Nano

duff

Anyone have experience with the Nano?
If so what are your likes/dislikes?

I picked up my Nano in November of last year. It had some fte's when I first got it, but only when I was shooting cheap reloads that I bought at the range. Since then I've avoided reloads and stuck with name-brand ball ammo for practice. That same day I ran a few boxes of Federal Hydroshocks through it and I had no troubles at all. I've also tried it with 115g Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot 124g +p and 115g +p Barnes XPD and had no troubles. I've put about 800 rounds total through the gun so far and have had no issues since that first day.

The gun seems to be particular about a firm grip and wrist. A friend and I were shooting with some Winchester 115g fmj; I had no troubles at all, but he couldn't get through a single magazine without at least one fte. Now, my friend has had some surgery done on his right arm and admits that he now has trouble handling recoil with anything bigger than his .380.

The Nano is my EDC. I carry it AIWB in a Crossbreed QwikClip. Even with the eighth round magazine I hardly notice it, and with an untucked shirt or a loose sweater it totally disappears.

The only real annoyance I had was with the front sight: the set screw kept working its way loose and the sight would fly off the front of the slide after about 50 rounds or so. The last time I couldn't find the bugger so I replaced the whole set with some Trijicon sights (and red Loctited the front!). I also ordered a stainless steel recoil spring assembly from gallowayprecision.com to replace the stock one (I don't like the way the plastic rod flexes when I reassemble the gun after cleaning).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back