Beretta Nano?

alexandercd

Anyone ever shoot the Nano and have advice on how is the recoil? Need to know in case I win the contest.

haha

I carry a Nano. It's a 9mm, so recoil is pretty minimal. It's a well balanced gun when loaded, and a bit slide-heavy when empty. very comfortable gun to hold and shoot. love it.

mine with talon grips, lasermax laser, stainless guide rod, and trijicon sights
DSCF7784_zps6131d2e3.jpg

me at the range with it, from my friend's crumby cell phone.
IMAG0457_zpsb7225b94.jpg

I've been using a Versacarry clip for the Nano at 12 o'clock. makes it a pretty easy draw even sitting in a car belted in.

I think the recoil is moderate in 9mm although if they ever release it in .40cal I think it might be excessive IMO..... I started off with the Beretta brand IWB holster but couldn't get use to it, so I sold it and bought a cheap BlackHawk IWB #05 & love it !! Fits so good you will forget it's their !!
Sold this one.....Deprecated Browser Error
Bought this one.....Link Removed

Anyone ever shoot the Nano and have advice on how is the recoil? Need to know in case I win the contest.

I recently bought a Nano (pretty much gave up on winning the "give away") and would say that recoil is minimal, with 115 grain ammo. I have been looking for 124 grain ammo to see if there is any difference almost impossible in this area of the state. I did not like the grip length with the pinky finger under the magazine plate, it made me feel that I didn't have a good grip, so I ordered the 8 round magazine extension kit from Berettausa.com. Just received them yesterday installed them on the magazines last night and tested them out today. They do make a difference in gripping the gun and the extra two rounds an added bonus. "Good luck on the Give Away" you'll enjoy the Nano!

oddly, the Nano was one of the only micro-compacts I held that didn't bother me with the grip. The PPS, LC9, and a couple of others I tried first all felt like I was trying to hold a deck of cards or something.. incredibly uncomfortable and awkward feeling. The Nano felt natural, and I didn't notice the pinky issue at all. It may depend on your stance and grip though, too. I use isosele with a reverse chapman grip (fistfire)

oddly, the Nano was one of the only micro-compacts I held that didn't bother me with the grip. The PPS, LC9, and a couple of others I tried first all felt like I was trying to hold a deck of cards or something.. incredibly uncomfortable and awkward feeling. The Nano felt natural, and I didn't notice the pinky issue at all. It may depend on your stance and grip though, too. I use isosele with a reverse chapman grip (fistfire)

Funny, I always thought it has a lot to do with hand size vs grip size/length. I have always owned full size frame pistols because they felt good , comfortable and secure in my grip. Only problem they are hard to conceal carry. I bought a Beretta PX4 sub compact pistol S&W 40 cal that came with the standard magazine and one with the snap grip magazine. I liked the snap grip magazine better because it had the little extra space for the pinky finger... so I bought the conversion kit and installed the snap grip on the standard magazine. I guess that is my preference in grips having a place for each digit!

I'll echo all the positive posts about the Nano. Of all the tiny 9s, it was easily the most comfortable to shoot for me. Recoil is mitigated by its somewhat hefty slide, and the grip feels good because it is a bit chunkier than some other guns in this category. The only negative is that I could see a person calling the more upright grip angle a negative. Feels more vertical than a 1911 - Glock shooters might hate that.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back