Belts

jumeda33

I am looking for a belt but really can't spend alot of money. I found a Don Hume for under fifty bucks. Any information on the Don Hume product? Are they a good company to deal with and is it a decent product?

Inexpensive belt

If you found a belt you like under $50 you are in good shape.

I am currently using a FOSSIL 1.5" wide leather belt that is doing a great job with my crossbreed supertuck IWB holster. I also use a WENGER belt that does fine. Both of these are in the $25-35 range.

You just need a sturdy and wide belt. Be aware some belt loops may not accomodate the wider belts.

Don Hume Leather products

I sent Don Hume an email asking them if peeling (like paint) on a leather holster that was 3 months old was normal. They informed me that it was not, and that they were sending a pre-paid return label to me immediately. Further, I should expect a quality repair on the holster or a replacement.

Wow! Great response from an "inquiry!"

Don Hume: Nice quality products at a decent price, and excellent customer service.

You might want to checkout 5.11 Tactical Belts as well as Wilderness Instructor Belts. While they are not leather, they are made of nylon with stiff insert to support a weapon, and are affordable. I also like the belt buckles on them. Easy to cinch up or loosen after a big steak!

You might want to checkout 5.11 Tactical Belts as well as Wilderness Instructor Belts. While they are not leather, they are made of nylon with stiff insert to support a weapon, and are affordable. I also like the belt buckles on them. Easy to cinch up or loosen after a big steak!

Correction on the 5.11+ belts.
They do make very nice casual leather belts small, to 4x-large sizes (black and brown) with the 2mm firm insert that work great with the CrossBreed SuperTuck. I also use it with the Blackhawk SERPA holster I have. I paid $35.00 for it. Very good quality.

Peace

Link Removed

I'm wearing the Don Hume Belt I bought 10 years ago right now.

I wear it every day and carry concealed every day. It's still stiff enough that if you roll it up like normal belts, it will unroll on it's own and I've worn it carrying everything from a Beretta Tomcat to a 5" N-Frame outside the waistband (plus both clip on or thread through mag pouches, speedloader cases, and dump pouches) and up to a CZ-75, 1911, and a L-Frame Smith IWB using both clip on and snap on holsters. I think in another 10 years it'll be just breaking in good.

Check Gunner's Alley. They are a big Don Hume dealer and can usually beat the Hume website's prices when you include shipping (and they are good folks to deal with, too).

I'm wearing the Don Hume Belt I bought 10 years ago right now.

I wear it every day and carry concealed every day. It's still stiff enough that if you roll it up like normal belts, it will unroll on it's own and I've worn it carrying everything from a Beretta Tomcat to a 5" N-Frame outside the waistband (plus both clip on or thread through mag pouches, speedloader cases, and dump pouches) and up to a CZ-75, 1911, and a L-Frame Smith IWB using both clip on and snap on holsters. I think in another 10 years it'll be just breaking in good.

Check Gunner's Alley. They are a big Don Hume dealer and can usually beat the Hume website's prices when you include shipping (and they are good folks to deal with, too).

Thanks everybody. Sounds like alot of you like the Don Hume product. I will look further into it as well as the other suggestiions. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
David

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back