'Belly Band' holster

Renfield

Does anyone out there have any experience with these? Are there some that are better then others?

I would like to carry on a more regular basis, but I want to stay away from holsters that attach to the waistband of my pants**

** in the interest of disclosure, I'm a Crohn's patient. I depend on public restrooms more often then I like, and I don't want my pistol to be visible on the floor every time I need to go into a bathroom stall. Also, I would go with a shoulder holster set-up but i live in Florida, and it's usually WAY to hot to wear a jacket

Had a stretch chest band w/shoulder straps but gave it to a lady friend. It was just too large for my skinny "chikin" chest and hers filled it out much better looking--LOL. Will be getting a small next time. They are not terribly hot. I liked the spare mag holder on the other side also. There is a chest strap that has no shoulder bands on the market also. It has pockets all over it.

I carry in a Galco Belly Band holster fairly often. Sometimes as a back-up, and sometimes as a main mode of carry on days when my outfit doesn't accomodate a belt rig. I do feel that the Galco Under Wrap is superior to most other belly bands because it has sewn in leather hoslters, rather than strictly elastic band. It feels very comfortable against the skin, the gun fits snugly and firmly, and the entire unit doesn't bounce when walking. It's held very tightly to the body and conceals extremely well. There is also a slot for a spare magazine and another for your license or cash. It does have 2 holsters, so it's ambidextrous.

It runs about $60 typically. Here's a link to check it out: Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Smartcarry.com it works great. in the public restroom simply don't drop the band to the floor, it is easy to work with. You will not be disappointed.

I have one, but usually do not use this as my main source of carry as I prefer either a holstered to the belt set up or a pocket holster in the side pocket of my tactical pants.

Galco's is nice and like Keeping the Peace mentioned above it has sections for extra mags and a front storage for cash. One recommendation for putting it on though is to put it on backwards and then spin it around to the position you like. I have found this to be an easier way to put it on.

This is what I use. It's a really simple setup that wraps over the underwear, but under the pants.

Link Removed

I've been using a Blue Stone Wolverine Belly Band daily for a couple years now. The one I have has six pockets for spare magazines, although I only have two spare magazines; use the other pockets for knife, lighter, etc. Also a pocket for ID (CCL), cash, etc. It's comfortable, and holds either my 9mm or my .45. Don't know how it would work with a revolver.

I purchased a belly band belt a month ago from Heartland America. You can find them online. At that time they were $17.99, but in the catalog I got the other day, they are $19.99 plus shipping. I haven't used it much as I haven't received my ccw permit as yet, but it seems to be good for a small ccw, and it has a space for one or two clips. Both the gun pocket and the clip pouch have velcro straps to keep them from slipping out.
It's very similar to a back brace belt for lifting but a little smaller. It seems comfortable and helps to hide the print of the gun under your shirt. I usually wear T-shirts and it seems to work fine.

I have Glock 19. I have two holsters I.e Defender Link Removed and Blackhawk SERPA G19 OWB holster. The best thing about belly band that it has many pockets. You can other pockets for lighter, knife etc. Both the holster is comfortable, you can try any of these holsters.

I dont trust any holsters soft enough that you can push your finger through the side and still pull the trigger. Likewise any type of one size fits all/most type of holsters are not ideal and leave room for obstructions to be able to get lodged in when holstering the weapon. Perhaps something like a belly band strap with a better holster attached to it would work better.

Im a big lover of shoulder holsters if you have any questions or would like to discuss further. I agree that I am more comfortable concealing w a light jacket on but in actuality (like now) Im usually just using some type of button down type shirt, open or closed. (denims, flannels, other short sleeve dress type button downs etc) I just buy them one size larger and w snaps instead of buttons.

Yes it is a old thread, but a Comment on the soft Bellyband. My wife has a leather IWB holster for the G-42 that she clips into the belly band and that lets her go to the rest room with out moving or removing the gun, and the trigger is well protected.

I have a condition called Stiff Man Syndrome or Tin Man Syndrome depends on how far back you research it. But when I hit the restroom with my IWB holster and a 4.25" XDM pistol I pull my pants down mid thigh with my legs spread to hold them there and then grab my underwear and pull them down and wrap my waist band over the top of the waist band/belt of the pants and then slide them all the way down to below the knees. This will keep your gun up high and never be visible from the other stall. Just a thought and how I handle my business. Also the way the leg opening lines up with the 3 to 4 O'clock position I carry... I can draw from there if needed. Yes it would look pretty funny drawing while sitting on the toilet but it is a possibility.

Orion

I always thought the belly band holsters were a joke. I don't know why, I've never tried one. I just got that impression from talking with people. But after reading through this thread, maybe I was very wrong.

I have a drawer full of holsters . All kinds. Shoulder, IWB, OWB, ankle etc. Some are ok with "these" pants but not "those" pants. Some are fine when standing or walking but uncomfortable when bending or sitting. Drove me crazy. Wish you could test drive them before buying. Then I bought a BB. One of my cheapest holsters by the way. It is hands down my favorite. Clocks anywhere. RH or LH doesn't matter. Tucks nicely under my arm, very little printing if any. Doesn't depend on what I wear. Most comfortable I have. In other words they're great.

I have a drawer full of holsters . All kinds. Shoulder, IWB, OWB, ankle etc. Some are ok with "these" pants but not "those" pants. Some are fine when standing or walking but uncomfortable when bending or sitting. Drove me crazy. Wish you could test drive them before buying. Then I bought a BB. One of my cheapest holsters by the way. It is hands down my favorite. Clocks anywhere. RH or LH doesn't matter. Tucks nicely under my arm, very little printing if any. Doesn't depend on what I wear. Most comfortable I have. In other words they're great.
Which BB holster are you using? I am comfortable with my holsters most days but depending on what we're doing, I'd like to try alternatives. Be interested if you have a brand you think is good. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

I have a couple . One black and one in a skin tone color. I like SFT2 brand. They are all pretty equal but the SFT2 has retention straps over the pouches for the spare magazines some of the others don't. Good luck!

I have a couple . One black and one in a skin tone color. I like SFT2 brand. They are all pretty equal but the SFT2 has retention straps over the pouches for the spare magazines some of the others don't. Good luck!
Thanks and I looked at them on Amazon and am going to get one. They are 3.5 stars but I am taking into account that belly bands are sort of a you like them or you don't kind of item. They are advertised as good for warm weather wear so I'm going to give it a shot. Appreciate it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

My wife replaced her Belly Band with one advertised in some forgotten e-mail, but similar to many on Amazon. The new one has a retention strap, which she likes. She carries a G-42 with a +2 extension on the magazine in her gun and in the spare pouch. The spare magazine is all in the pouch except for the extension so she does not feel the need for a retention strap for it.

She has other carry options for the G-42, molded leather IWB, and molded leather pocket holster .... guess I'll have to use those with my new G-42.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back