Becoming an Certified Instructor

trophyhunter

How would someone begin the process, to become an Certified Instructor for the NRA. To be able to teach Basic Handgun Safety Course for New Applicants, that would like to apply for their Pistol Permits

1. Join the NRA
2. Attend an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor course in or near your area.
3. Wait 6-8 weeks to get your instructor credentials.

This is assuming that you have the necessary skills and experience to truly qualify to teach.

My recommendation is to also become Range Safety Officer and assist other local instructors to help you learn how to be an instructor.

Once you have taken the Basic Pistol Instructor course and have received your NRA credentials, you can get the RSO training package and take the test at home and then send to NRA. Very inexpensive process, but does take a few months to get all processed.

Find a mentor and spend some time under their wing before h
Jumping into deep water. The best teachers are also great students willing to listen and learn from those with more training and experience.

How would someone begin the process, to become an Certified Instructor for the NRA. To be able to teach Basic Handgun Safety Course for New Applicants, that would like to apply for their Pistol Permits

Contact 2 or 3 training counselors in your area and get prices. The NRA does not regulate how much a training counselor can charge and I have seen people get ripped off on a couple of different occasions. A good ethical training counselor will give you a fair price. The NRA is the way to go for civilian firearms instructors. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back