Beautiful, Marvelous rant

Gallstones

Michael Williamson lays it out and hopefully shuts some people up.

Link Removed

Just an excerpt of an excellent read.
Let's look at New York's law again: We've already effectively eliminated ownership of machine guns. We've had bans on "assault weapons" that prohibit designs from the 1930s. New York's law, now under court injunction, prohibits designs from the 1890s. So tell me, at what year of design do we stop? When is your non-compromise enough? You personally are willing to sacrifice my rights back to the 1930s. That's the equivalent of me limiting you to a manual typewriter, film camera and dial phone, and telling you no one is taking away your right to free speech…but maybe some of those typists have put out some hateful ideas, and need to be stopped. What can't you express with a fountain pen?

So, I'm sorry you're not happy with one of my rights. I'm afraid there is no legal, moral or practical reason for me to compromise. You'll need to come to terms with this, and move on with life.

BluesStringer

Les Brers
Michael Williamson lays it out and hopefully shuts some people up.

Link Removed

Just an excerpt of an excellent read.

Excellent read indeed. That guy is more wordy than I am! But good stuff, no doubt. Read the whole thing and most of the links he had in the "reply." I would really like to know where to find the conversation that led to that reply, but it stands well on its own in any case.

I particularly enjoyed the link to how to build your own AK in your garage. Under current law, it's perfectly legal and not a single number stamped on it anywhere. "Steampunk AK-47." Even the name is cool as all get-out.

I bookmarked his blog and have a feeling it will become a regular wave I'll catch in my surfing. Thanks for the post.

Blues

UATKP

Uncle Al
Ditto, all the above. I then went over to another blog he wrote: Link Removed
which really drives my bus!
As far as I'm concerned every liberal can _______ choke and die... because I sure as heck won't help them when they get their butts thrown onto the train.
You're right, Blues, I'm gonna catch this wave pretty often, too.

gejoslin

Illegitimi non carborundu
Ditto, all the above. I then went over to another blog he wrote: Link Removed
which really drives my bus!
As far as I'm concerned every liberal can _______ choke and die... because I sure as heck won't help them when they get their butts thrown onto the train.
You're right, Blues, I'm gonna catch this wave pretty often, too.

Excellent read!

Gallstones

Thank you everyone. for reading the thread, reading the link and taking the time to comment.

If anyone is interested he is on Facebook and very active there. He is quite funny and posts a lot of links to some really good stuff.

Gallstones

Excellent read indeed. That guy is more wordy than I am! But good stuff, no doubt. Read the whole thing and most of the links he had in the "reply." I would really like to know where to find the conversation that led to that reply, but it stands well on its own in any case.

I particularly enjoyed the link to how to build your own AK in your garage. Under current law, it's perfectly legal and not a single number stamped on it anywhere. "Steampunk AK-47." Even the name is cool as all get-out.

I bookmarked his blog and have a feeling it will become a regular wave I'll catch in my surfing. Thanks for the post.

Blues

Don't you just love the title, "Sacred Cow Slaughterhouse?"
I do.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwells_22