Beach Carry

njsportsman

Let me start by saying I never carried on a beach never really deemed it necessary but, recently with whats going on in the world in our own neighborhoods etc.. etc.. I try not to leave home without it anymore so, which brings me to my question and that's carrying on the beach. Does anyone do so and what's the setup? I will be visiting North Carolina beaches this summer. I don't see anything in the NC laws prohibiting it and I am looking for recommendations for setups. I guess some type of back pack. Thanks in advance

Cooler and beach bag. We always had someone staying behind to ensure no theft. Be careful of the alcohol laws in some areas. I will add that years ago, when I was young, dumb and full of.....whatever. It was just a six pack, radio and towel. Hell, after years it became a cooler, cart that transported a tent cover 10' x 10', two beach chairs, WJS and crossword as well as chips and munchies. For the most part NC beaches are safe and relatively low crime rate. But as always, stay vigilant.

Jut be aware of you stuff on the beach. It is not unheard of for some one to do a grab and run on the beach. They will wait til you're in the water and things are unguarded and then strike.

When in Daytona I use a fanny pack and will carry my G26 with the under water spring cups. Also I never remove it. Works for me. I look like the tourist I am.

I would suggest New Smyrna Beach just south of Daytona. It a locals beach, quiet with lots of good restaurants and great bars. Sometimes in the same place.
New Smyrna Beach, FL - Official Website | Official Website
As for rentals:New Smyrna Beach Vacation Rentals, Condo Rentals | HomeAway
-
Better yet try Amelia Island: Welcome to Amelia Island - Amelia Island, Florida
Rentals: Amelia Island Vacation Rentals, Condo Rentals | HomeAway
-
Or not and enjoy the rowdy, ruckus of Daytona. To each their own

I get a kick out of the kids, I'm old.
I seen them shark shows on si fi so I keep the gun close. The first walking shark comming my way gets poped. At least they don't fly, or do they (sharknado)
I've tried it a few things on the beach for carrying but the fanny pack tended to work well for me. I tend to dress for the water.

Speedo with a IWB and a Tee, NOT in this lifetime! !!! OMG
Is that a gun in your Speedo or are you happy to see me? That's sick.

I am thinking a small backpack with a Nemesis pocket holster just to to it safe. I'll be carrying my XDS and a few mags. Great gun love it. Thanks for the help and keep it safe. I am sure the NC beaches are safe I would do this no matter where I was going. Its unfortunate but it the way of the world.
Godspeed ands thanks again

I live by the beach but I usually where normal shorts and tees, I carry IWB and stay out of the water. easy peasy

I get a kick out of the kids, I'm old.
I seen them shark shows on si fi so I keep the gun close. The first walking shark comming my way gets poped..
I wish that there was an unlike button because this comment deserves to be unliked
shooting at a moving object that is under water with people nearby.

Speedo with a IWB and a Tee, NOT in this lifetime! !!! OMG
Is that a gun in your Speedo or are you happy to see me? That's sick.
Hope you carry in the front not SOB. NOT a pretty picture if you carry SOB. Especially if it's a full size.

Family beaches like Topsail Island are more vigilant than Wrightsville Beach because family members watch out for each other and there are less wild types. Keeping someone at the hotel or rental while the rest go to the beach is a good idea wherever. The Outer Banks aren't bathing beaches and vehicles are kept nearby. Oak Island and that area is also family oriented but staying alert and armed is always important. NC beaches are more conservative than SC, GA, and FL where wild ones tend to go.

Family beaches like Topsail Island are more vigilant than Wrightsville Beach because family members watch out for each other and there are less wild types. Keeping someone at the hotel or rental while the rest go to the beach is a good idea wherever. The Outer Banks aren't bathing beaches and vehicles are kept nearby. Oak Island and that area is also family oriented but staying alert and armed is always important. NC beaches are more conservative than SC, GA, and FL where wild ones tend to go.

I know I loved Topsail Island. It didn't seem to be your typical vacation spot like Myrtle Beach and others and that's a good thing. Within minutes you were at a gun shop and a local Gander Mountain type store. I saw people open carrying. Not your norm for a vacation sports and that's what I liked about it. I am considering getting a condo. Surf City seems nice but wasn't there that long but will investigate next time down there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back