BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

HK4U

Link Removed

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

There is no law to prevent private sales without a license, police issue “direction” on orders of Feds

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Monday, Jan 18, 2010

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas 180110gunsales2The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is actively issuing directions banning private sales of guns without licenses at gun shows in Texas, despite there being no law to justify such demands.

A caller to the Alex Jones show brought attention to BATF notices handed out at the entrance of the Texas Gun And Knife Show, on North Lamaar, in Austin this past weekend.

The flyers (pictured below) state that anyone selling a firearm “will be asked to comply with” conditions including operating through a licensed FFL dealer.

The notice also states that “Selling firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted.”

“The lady at the front desk used her ‘mommy voice’ to get everyone’s attention.” Scott from Austin told The Alex Jones show, noting that the owners of the private building where the gun show was held were contacted by the APD and the BATF and directed to hand out the notices.

Scott also told listeners that a petition in protest of the directions was being handed around at the show.

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas 180110gunsales

Other attendees posted the flyer on web forums. One poster noted:

“Here is a public notice from a gun show in Austin, Texas this weekend. Do any fellow Texans know of any law changes that took effect recently that make person-to-person gun sales illegal? Has anyone else seen similar notices?”

“It was not handed out in the parking lot, it was posted at the entrance of the venue.” The forum user writes.

“I spoke with the man who runs the gun show and he said he was told on Thursday to post this (the gun show was Saturday and Sunday). Of course, the owner of the venue has the right to prohibit almost anything he wants on his property, but that’s not what this notice says. It says ‘at the direction of the Austin Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms’ and that’s what bothers me.”

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas FOTR 340x1692

The direction “asks” visitors to comply with its demands precisely because there is no law or regulation against private gun sales.

Infowars is in the process of arranging interviews with the Texas Gun Show operators for comments on this issue.

Watch Alex Jones cover this story on Yesterday’s show (begins 7 mins in):

Seems a law suit for civil rights violation warranted

Link Removed

Sound like some Austin city council member just ordered the APD to co-opt the BATF name and are just running a bluff.

They "ask" for cooperation. Did not cite any law [there is none] and they are just blowing smoke.

I wonder if this really happened. IMO it is postings like this, make it impossible for me to find primers.
Wyoming Senator [retired] Allan Simpson has been quoted as saying that our freedom comes in boxes.

1 Soap Boxes
2 Mail Boxes
3 Ballot Boxes
and last but not least
4 Cartridge Boxes.

You cant find primers because people are filling box #4 because they are afraid of obama et al.

I wonder if this really happened. IMO it is postings like this, make it impossible for me to find primers.

Oh I am pretty sure it happened but if you have any doubts there is a link in the articled to the Texas Gun and Knife show. Call them and check for yourself.

This is the link to the group holding the show so it apprear that it did happen. With all things there is probably a lot more to the story than in theirexplanation. Notice that it was held in a private arena and not owned by the public so it could have been the owners of the building that requested the ban and the BATF and APD followed along.

Link Removed

This is the link to the group holding the show so it apprear that it did happen. With all things there is probably a lot more to the story than in theirexplanation. Notice that it was held in a private arena and not owned by the public so it could have been the owners of the building that requested the ban and the BATF and APD followed along.

Link Removed

I went to the web site for the Texas Gun and Knife show. There was no show from that company scheduled in Austin that weekend.
I also looked on the ATFE website, and nothing was posted.
Even if it was on private property, the BATFE and APD are unable to change Texas law.
Perhaps point out your sources?

I was going by some posts on another board and haven't researched it to be sure one way or the other. As to changing the law there doesn't have to be a change as a private business (in this case the owner of the building) can restrict sales inside the uilding to FFL holders and does not have to allow private sales. The BATF and APD cannot without the support of the owner of the building and promoter under present laws. The promoter can restrict is any way he wants to.

I was going by some posts on another board and haven't researched it to be sure one way or the other. As to changing the law there doesn't have to be a change as a private business (in this case the owner of the building) can restrict sales inside the uilding to FFL holders and does not have to allow private sales. The BATF and APD cannot without the support of the owner of the building and promoter under present laws. The promoter can restrict is any way he wants to.
The BATFE and APD are not private police. It does not matter what the propery owner wants. They only can enforce the laws on the books. If the property owner wants no private sale, the BATFE and local PD are not involved.
It is very possible the hand bill was printed, and distributed at a gun show. This would scare people back to buying from the guys (FFL's) who are at the tables. I have been to a few gun shows, and find most prices way out of line. The only deals I have found are from private party sales.
It is because of tactics like this, I can't find primers. Not because of BHO.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back