Barnes XPB reloading data

joeren

Anyone have pet loads for the 160gr XPB in 45 ACP? I just ordered 3 boxes.
Thanks in advance
Joe

160 gr in 45 ACP?

Are you sure it was 160gr XPB in 45 ACP and not 45 GAP? I've seen 185 gr in 45 ACP. I'll contact some amigo's about them.

SubHntr

The bullet is indeed listed as 45 GAP. However my intention is to work up a load using the 160gr Barnes in 45 ACP, a load which is offered by Corbon. The bullets are the same caliber. I'm looking to start out using Unique or similar powder but I was hoping someone already did some powder selection for this round. I don't mind starting from scrach, as I've done this many times, but why re-invent the wheel? Hope to hear back from you.

Thanks
Joe

160 gr in 45 ACP

My buddy said he prefers to shoot 160 or 178 gr. He said to use Bullseye and start 5.3 grains and work up. I'm assuming you reload on a regular basis. Chrono your loads to make sure they make mark. They should be cutting around 900-970 fps.

Thanks for the feedback, SubHntr.
Yes, I've been reloading for over 30 years, including casting bullets. As time became more of a premium and the cost of ammo was relitively cheap, I reloaded less and less, loading mostly just special loads for accuracy in the AR15. The esclating cost of ammo has re-perked my intrest. Although I probably won't cast any more bullets for the 45ACP, I can still save some money. I'm really curious about the Barnes bullet and want to see what kind of results I can get with it.
Cheers
Joe

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back