bag searches at theaters

scfd5

I was just listening to the news about how they may be doing bag searchers at theater after the CO shooting. My question is what do the women do that may be legeally carring in a purse? My wife was looking into a purse to carry which i am not in favor of but some time she has no choice. So what does a women do in tnis case were they might fine her carry gun? Sorry if this is a bumb question, and yes it is leagal to carry in theater in mn which i understand is not the case in all states.

easy. turn around and lock the weapon in the car. or just go home and dont spend money at a place that wont support your rights as a law abiding citizen.

if ccw is allowed then they wouldnt be searching. if it is still allowed, but they want to check anyways (i have no idea why they would), then i think presenting your permit first before they check the bag would cause the least amount of public drama.

A bag search would have certainly have been almost a complete deterrent in the CO shooting; oh, wait - the guns were outside. But chaining the emergency exits closed would have fixed it. But wait .....

the things people suggest...do men have to empty their pockets? I go nowhere that would require me to have my bag searched. i can watch a movie at home cheaper and not be harassed by strangers.

One news reported that the extra security was for the Batman movie only fearing that there might be copy cats....They didn't say it would be permanent...but who knows when the movie leaves the theatres what their decision will be at that point.

I'd go with "I have a license to carry a concealed firearm and I'm currently doing so. How would you like me to continue?" You're coming out & saying you're legally carry & not breaking any laws. If they don't like it, then take your business elsewhere.

No problem. You use Smartcarry. They are not going to grab your crotch. Besides, the only reason they would do a bag search is to keep you from bringing in outside food.

Why in the Hell would anyone go to the hassle of going to see a movie anyway? You're surrounded by ill mannered brats, you have to pay 5 bucks for a cup of stale popcorn and another 5 for a soda you could get a Wal Mart for .50 cents And you want to search my bag ?

Or I can wait and buy the DVD at Entertainmart for 4 bucks

Not rocket science folks

cking people going into the theater makes no sense at all. it is said that it is to stop copy cat acts? wow.......sort of closing the door after the horse is gone don't you think? i guess they have to do something to feel useful and in control. fact is, no one can predict when something lke this is going to happen. isn't that the issue? all the cops in the world cannot make it safe. these people that want to ban this and ban that are just naive and refuse to see the world as it always has been and always will be. a dangerous place.

Our country is getting real good at expanding "security" conditions on us. A significant percentage are for show only and have no practical deterrence value. But it makes the sheep feel better. And it makes further inroads into our privacy and freedom of movement.

I was just listening to the news about how they may be doing bag searchers at theater after the CO shooting. My question is what do the women do that may be legeally carring in a purse? My wife was looking into a purse to carry which i am not in favor of but some time she has no choice. So what does a women do in tnis case were they might fine her carry gun? Sorry if this is a bumb question, and yes it is leagal to carry in theater in mn which i understand is not the case in all states.

Your wife should not carry in her purse... seconds count (literally)... i can unholster my weapon and get off a shot in 2.3 seconds at 5 feet away... imagine if you have some gun walking towards you with a knife and hes saying hes going to kill you... Im not sure about your wife, but most womens purses look like my 8 year olds nephews room (messy). i know my firearm is always on my right side at my 4 oclock position and nothing will be obstructing my draw...

not to mention if a purse snatcher decides to grab her purse and run off with it down the road while shes by herself, then he now has a weapon. conceal carry requires a slight wardrobe alteration, doesnt mean you have to wear super baggy clothes, but its hard to hide a firearm in yoga pants

Once again stupid becomes practice, as noted the man bought a ticket, proped open the door from the inside, exited and armed himself, bag search prior to the event would have acheived nothing.

Be a damn big purse to carry an AR-15, bullet proof vest, hand guns, smoke (tear) gas bomb, and ammo. Wait! My wife's is about that size!:lol:

Typical thinking from the usual logic lost. This kind of crap will always happen, I don't care how many laws, purse searches, metal detectors, K9 sniffies, or any damn thing else you can think of. There will always be some raving idiot that will find a way to carry out the most outlandish and horrible things. There is only one thing you can do.....protect yourself and yours the best you can. There are no guarantees in life, cept one.....you will die one day. Personally, I would have had my sidearm with me. Would I have been able to stop him......dunno, but doubtful. He was prepared for just such an attempt. The "what ifs" and "what would you dos" will go on forever with this one. God bless the victims and their families. My condolences and prayers for all involved.

The firing squad should be loading up and preparing to make an example out of this POS. But I doubt that will happen either. That would be cruel and inhumane treatment. :nono: Let's not give the POS's what they deserve, a one way trip to our maker, let's keep them locked up and think that is proper punishment for such a heinous crime against innocent people.

Create a situation then have the remedy. Just another reason to invade someone's privacy and rights. I hope people use the 4th and 5th to deny access. After all defiance is key to tyranny. "No Sir, you may not inspect my bag/s, you may not touch me and no you may not ask for ID for I have done nothing wrong". Am I under arrest/Am I being detained? No! Then I am free to go, right?

easy. turn around and lock the weapon in the car. or just go home and dont spend money at a place that wont support your rights as a law abiding citizen.

if ccw is allowed then they wouldnt be searching. if it is still allowed, but they want to check anyways (i have no idea why they would), then i think presenting your permit first before they check the bag would cause the least amount of public drama.

Just like I said before, they will be at malls, theaters, office buildings, check points along the road and supermarkets etc. Your papers please! You must comply with a pat down to check for weapons or any other contraband. FECK OFF I SAY! If theaters won't allow responsibly armed citizens to attend a showing of a film then Hollywood can suffer---a lot of what they make is crap anyway.

Have her wear a skirt and a thigh holster. Simple solution.

I'd go with "I have a license to carry a concealed firearm and I'm currently doing so. How would you like me to continue?" You're coming out & saying you're legally carry & not breaking any laws. If they don't like it, then take your business elsewhere.

There is absolutely no reason why you or anyone needs to say anything to that effect. Use your 4th and 5th amendment and if they press the issue then show the license. You may be man handled but it proves a point instead of just right off complying with them. That has been the problem all along, everyone turning into a wimpy yes man.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back