BAD proposed new law

Capt. Frank

E-mail your state senators today! SB 23 is being discussed Wed. in the senate judicial commitee. This is a very bad bill! They now want to end preemptiom, which stops towns and cities from enacting a hodge podge of new gun laws as they see fit. It would be impossible for a De. resident , or anyone else to keep up with the law, from to town. Currently state law reigns supreme. If you can, go to legislative hall Wed. and voice your opinion. The bill SB 23 is being pushed by Biden and Wilmington's mayor. We CAN defeat it if we contact our senators and say no to SB 23.
If this fails in the senate, they will try again in the house, HB 62, which will only allow Wilmington to avoid the preemption laws.

In NYS there are state provisions prohibiting municipalities from enacting prohibitive laws. All must follow the state law. So why not DE? Didn't Obama once vote for this same crap in IL?
In March 2004, the Illinois Senate passed Senate Bill 2165, a law with provisions designed to assert a right of citizens to protect themselves against home invasions, such that self-defense requirements would be viewed to take precedence over local ordinances against handgun possession. The measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20. Barack Obama was one of the 20 state senators voting against the measure. Governor "jailbird" Blagojevich vetoed the bill. On Nov. 9, 2004, the Illinois Senate voted 40-18 to override Blagojevich's veto. Again, Obama acted against the bill. On Nov. 17, the Illinois House voted overwhelmingly, 85-30, to override the governor's veto and Senate Bill 2165 became law.

I have emailed both Senator Bonini and Lawson. Have not heard back yet. But, I'm sure they're on board for a "NO" vote.

I'm pretty sure we can count on Deborah Hudson and Ruth Briggs-King. I know RBK is one of us.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back