Bad practice ammo brand

danryanpi

Hello all,

I’ve been looking around trying to find deals for bulk practice ammo online. I see a lot of brands I’m not familiar with, or never even heard of. Can you tell me, in your experience, which ammo brands should I stay away from? Which brands would you recommend? I own two 9mm and one .380 semi autos. Thanks

Hello all,

I’ve been looking around trying to find deals for bulk practice ammo online. I see a lot of brands I’m not familiar with, or never even heard of. Can you tell me, in your experience, which ammo brands should I stay away from? Which brands would you recommend? I own two 9mm and one .380 semi autos. Thanks

I only use Fioocchi ammunition, I can't remember having a bad round and I purchase them a 1,000 at a time. I use them in 9mm and 223

The rounds are also very clean

Hello all,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I don't normally frequent this part of the forum.

Some of it depends on what you want, and where you shoot.

Depending on where you do your shooting, it might be best to stay away from any steel cased ammo.

Personally I buy all my 9mm from Freedom Munitions. It is a factory direct outlet.

Let me know if there are any other issues you want to discuss.

Fiocchi FMJ is an excellent choice for range ammo and usually just buy it by the case. Have probably shot 10,000 rounds of it and it's A+ for quality and price. Have used the 115 and 124 grain and they're both outstanding.

Freedom Munitions declared bankruptcy in 2018 and they're supposed to be operating in receivership which is not good. My experience with them is minimal (I used one box and threw some away) but have friends who both shoot in competition and one is a gunsmith and they spit when they mention that brand. Poor quality, crappy customer service, and even their shipping is supposed to suck. Nothing personal if someone likes it but trying to give the OP some data to work with.

Good luck and Happy New Year to the 2A and those that love it. It's a new decade for an old but beautiful freedom that needs protecting more than ever.

I shot several hundred of their (Freedom) ammo, without problems,
but that was a few years back. Didn't know about the bankruptcy.
Hope the stuff I have, and stuff I have given away is problem free.

Sad thing. They had potential.

I used one box and threw some away
Never heard of throwing ammo away.
That is kinda sacrilegious, isn't it? ;)

Had numerous FTE in a box because of misaligned primers and emptied the rest of what I had into the range dud box. I'll throw away any ammo that doesn't run clean in a heartbeat for obvious reasons. Guns cost too much as it is so protecting the investment by running good ammo is important but reliability is too and even if it's range ammo. No one one wants to spend time at the range clearing their gun every other magazine because of crappy ammo.

My LGS doesn't carry it so we might have gotten them at a gun show at some point but the couple of guys mentioned have about 60+ years of combined shooting experience and one is a gunsmith so that pretty much put the nail in the coffin for Freedom for me. Use what works for your guns but I don't give ammo much of a second chance if it can't perform at the range.

You probably had your experience in a different year than I did,
and I just happened to get a good batch. Just heard that they
have been acquired and thus, not in bankruptcy any longer.

Probably should wait a while to see how things shake out. Their
business model was good, so it would be a pity if they couldn't
make it work.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back