Background check

Javy

How much does your dealer charge you for the FBI Background Check?

As per today's USA TODAY newspaper last month 2.5 millions of backgrounds were made on Jan 2013 and 2.8 millions on Dec 2012...
Make your number!!!!!

In MN if you have your CCL or a permit to purchase, after that no waiting or background checks. The Permit to Purchase you get from your local police and cost nothing. That is the ONLY thing somewhat nice about MN!

Damn, everyone I know in NV charges $25. Although that can be waived if you have a concealed carry permit issued after July 1 2011. (I think that is the date, may be June). Mine was issued in 2010 so I have always paid $25 as does everyone I know.

Are you talking about for when you buy a gun from them or when you do a transfer after buying one on the internet?

I have never seen a gun store charge when you buy the gun at that store, but the standard seems to be about $35 for doing a transfer when buying off of the internet.

Mine charged $25 when I had a gun shipped in.

Haven't bought a gun from the store, so I can't say about that case, but I'm betting no charge.

If I'm buying the firearm from them, they don't charge for the check. If I have one shipped to them they charge $25 for handling the transaction.

Here in TN most charge $10.00 for Background check. If needing assistance from Dealer for transaction $20.00

It's free here in Indiana as well. I'm not sure but I would imagine some charge as a way of making up for the paper work involved. I can't see a reason to charge more than $5 though. Does the amount of paper work vary by state?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back