Baby shot and killed in Albuquerque.

This is horrifying. Details are few, but damn this has been a bad week in ABQ and nation wide :(
While some of our opposition may say "if it weren't for guns, this wouldn't have happened) I say if only the mom had a gun to defend her child...(speculating based on past cases)

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1285081.shtml?cat=500
Albuquerque police say a baby was fatally shot following an argument at a home Tuesday afternoon.

The incident happened around 3 p.m. at 328 General Chennault St. NE, near Wyoming Blvd. and Copper Ave.

Officers on scene said a child less than a year old had died. They said a man had been taken into custody in connection to the shooting. The man's identity was not immediately released.

Police responded to the home following a 911 call about an argument inside the home between a man and a woman followed by shots fired.

A police spokesperson at the scene said it appeared the man intentionally fired at the child but that the investigation was still ongoing.

Some things leave those of us who actually are human speechless. I am continually amazed by the outrageous things that happen every day.

Link Removed

Rains was arrested Tuesday afternoon. During hours of questioning, he told detectives he found out his girlfriend was speaking with another man.

Note this was speaking with another man--not sleeping with. There are people who would sympathize for shooting your wife or girlfriend, particularly if the b**** had it coming. But shooting your own kid.

Oy. The human condition. It's definitely terminal.

Take this scumbag and execute him quickly or put him in prison in general population.

UPDATE: "Was it worth it?"

A 22-year-old Albuquerque man is in custody this morning after allegedly shooting and killing his 9-month-old daughter Tuesday afternoon.

Police say the incident began when Christopher Rains and the mother of the child, 18-year-old Ashley Trujillo, argued over whether she was involved with another man.

Police say the two had been sending text messages to each other through the day when Rains decided to go to the house on General Chenault Street about 3:00 Tuesday afternoon.

The two reportedly got into a heated argument and Rains is alleged to have pointed a .45 caliber pistol at his child’s head and pulled the trigger.

“He made a comment to Ashley and that comment was, ‘Was it worth it?’, after he had shot his own child and relayed to the mother, ‘Was this all worth you seeing another man?’.”

Rains then, according to police, called police and admitted to killing his child. He remained at the house and was taken into custody when officers arrived.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to think- NM Has no death penalty

A 22-year-old Albuquerque man is in custody this morning after allegedly shooting and killing his 9-month-old daughter Tuesday afternoon.

Police say the incident began when Christopher Rains and the mother of the child, 18-year-old Ashley Trujillo, argued over whether she was involved with another man.

Police say the two had been sending text messages to each other through the day when Rains decided to go to the house on General Chenault Street about 3:00 Tuesday afternoon.

The two reportedly got into a heated argument and Rains is alleged to have pointed a .45 caliber pistol at his child’s head and pulled the trigger.

“He made a comment to Ashley and that comment was, ‘Was it worth it?’, after he had shot his own child and relayed to the mother, ‘Was this all worth you seeing another man?’.”

Rains then, according to police, called police and admitted to killing his child. He remained at the house and was taken into custody when officers arrived.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to think- NM Has no death penalty

Like I said, put the scumbag in general population. That will be a death sentence.

I don't know where this myth got started, and perpetuated by the movie industry. There is really no moral code amongst criminals and they don't really care who you've killed or what you did. There is always some sort of hazing of new inmates, and while it may be true that chesters (child molesters) get a harsher round of it they usually don't "catch a shiv to the back".

I have many friends that are CO's for both private prisons and metro jail, and am relatively certain that it doesn't happen like most would think. Do some research and you'd be hard pressed to find any evidence of this.

I'm not one for vigilante justice. This guy deserves a trial, and deserves to be sentenced to certain death (not possible death by another inmate). I am a firm believer that people who commit crimes of this magnitude deserve no less than lethal injection.

I don't know where this myth got started, and perpetuated by the movie industry. There is really no moral code amongst criminals and they don't really care who you've killed or what you did. There is always some sort of hazing of new inmates, and while it may be true that chesters (child molesters) get a harsher round of it they usually don't "catch a shiv to the back".

I have many friends that are CO's for both private prisons and metro jail, and am relatively certain that it doesn't happen like most would think. Do some research and you'd be hard pressed to find any evidence of this.

I'm not one for vigilante justice. This guy deserves a trial, and deserves to be sentenced to certain death (not possible death by another inmate). I am a firm believer that people who commit crimes of this magnitude deserve no less than lethal injection.

I worked as a confinement officer for the county in the 1970's and again in the mid 1990's. We segregated baby killers and those that hurt children from the other inmates because of the very reason that something would happen to them if other inmates got a hold of them.

I worked as a confinement officer for the county in the 1970's and again in the mid 1990's. We segregated baby killers and those that hurt children from the other inmates because of the very reason that something would happen to them if other inmates got a hold of them.

Maybe, but I don't think that it happens as often as stated by many. Again though, I want certain punishment not the possibility of..

Maybe, but I don't think that it happens as often as stated by many. Again though, I want certain punishment not the possibility of..

It probably does not happen that often but I think the real reason it doesn't is due to the fact that those that commit crimes of this nature are seldom put in with the general population. I could tell you stories of some of the most hideous, ghastly crimes you could imagine. Things that I will not elaborate on here because of the women and children that are part of the USA Carry family. All of those prisoners were placed in isolation cells where no one could get to them.

It probably does not happen that often but I think the real reason it doesn't is due to the fact that those that commit crimes of this nature are seldom put in with the general population. I could tell you stories of some of the most hideous, ghastly crimes you could imagine. Things that I will not elaborate on here because of the women and children that are part of the USA Carry family. All of those prisoners were placed in isolation cells where no one could get to them.

I stand corrected, and I hate being wrong:

He was attacked in court:

he man accused of shooting his own nine-month-old baby in the head was himself a victim of an attack during his initial court appearance Wednesday.

Christopher Rains, 22, is charged with intentional child abuse resulting death for the shooting Tuesday afternoon following an argument with the baby's mother.

Because he is accused of killing his own baby daughter, inmates see Rains as a target. That could explain what happened Wednesday at the Metropolitan Detention Center.

During a 1 p.m. arraignment Rains was attacked by another inmate, Eric Salazar. The incident was captured on surveillance video.

No one was hurt in the incident.

Jail officials say Rains is now on a suicide watch and will be separated form the rest of the jail population while behind bars.

Salazar, who was charged Tuesday after being caught with a shank inside the jail, now faces a new charge of assault.

Sickening 911 recording

Caller: "I have to tell you something."
Operator: "What's going on?"
Caller: "I just killed my daughter."
Operator: "You what?"
Caller: "I just killed my daughter."

Caller: "I just shot my baby. I just shot my baby."
Operator: "Why did you shoot the baby?"
Caller: "Because I didn't want her to move on with another man without me, another man without me, I can't do that. And so I killed my daughter, and it's the biggest regret I've ever felt in my whole life."

Rains told the 911 operator he wanted to kill himself because he didn't want to go to prison. He remained at the house and was taken into custody when officers arrived.

Caller: "The police are here."
Operator: "Okay. Just stay on the line with me, okay."
Caller: "I'm going to go to prison forever, aren't I?"

The saddest part is that some day a bleeding heart parole board will recommend that this scumbag is rehabilitated and a misguided governor will commute his sentence. Life doesn't mean life. The death penalty is a deterrent - even if it only deters this one guy. Also, what more can you do to punish a lifer without parole when he acts up in prison? These guys are a danger to the other non-violent offenders and the prison guards. It's really shameful when society looks to other prisoners to do what the justice system should have done in the first place.

Executions are way more expensive than LWOP.

MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but apparently I'm not communicating correctly.

This guy deserves the death penalty IMO. He is being taken care of for the rest of his life on taxpayer dime. I don't care if it costs 20x more to execute, this guy committed a HORRIBLE unthinkable for most crime and I think he deserves the "ultimate punishment".

Of course, you're mileage will vary- and many people disagree with the death penalty. I do not.

NM Needs the death penalty, for the following types of crimes. It was never meant to be a punishment for shoplifters...

Woman suffocates her 3 year old: buries him in playground
Man kills 12 women/buries in west mesa (big freakin field)
Man beats woman with baseball bat, sets her on fire
Man shoots man, pours gasoline down throat - sets on fire (that guy got 30years)
And now this guy...

Not trying to be obscene but this stuff is on the nightly news daily, and people shouldn't get away with it.

Also, as avid shooter stated LWOP isn't really "Life without parole" also LIFE usually means 15-25 years...

OK forgive me if this sounds a little harsh but people like this make me sick. His entire time in the criminal justice system should be no nore than 1-2 days. There are no arguments for him, nothing that needs to be said in his defense. He should be afforded his constitutional right to a very speedy trial, convicted, sentenced, then that sentence carried out immiediatly. With scum like this you only need three thing imo, A truck, a good strong rope , and a long gravel road, end of story. Sorry if that sounds cruel or whatever but he already has more of a chance than that poor little girl. My thoughts and prayers go out to her loved ones and may god take this little angel into his arms and comfort her.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back