AZ Instructors in Utah?

azjohnny

Does anyone know of an instructor in Utah who is authorized to instruct foran AZ CCW? I'm in the military, and trying ot get my AZ CCW because I'm a resident of AZ, and not Utah. Thanks.

Does anyone know of an instructor in Utah who is authorized to instruct foran AZ CCW? I'm in the military, and trying ot get my AZ CCW because I'm a resident of AZ, and not Utah. Thanks.
My understanding is that you have to take the Arizona class in Arizona. No out of state instructors are allowed.

Nope, AZ, NV and TX have a statutory or administrative requirement that CCW instruction for their respective CCW must take place in their State. Here's the Link Removed.

Last edited:
my main concern is that I'm military, and my home of record is AZ and i have an AZ DL, and I read thatif you're a resident of AZ you musthave an AZ CCW to carry. SO when I go home on leave, would I be considered an AZ resident still even though I'm stationed in Utah? I contacted Arizona for information, but they didn't really answer my question, so I asked again, but just wondering if anyone here might know. Thanks for your help.

AZ CCW Training Must Occur in AZ

Hey Johnny -

Thanks for your service!

As was answered in an earlier reply, whether you're an AZ resident or not, if you desire an AZ CCW Permit, the CCW training MUST occur within AZ.

Because you're military and a resident of AZ, that's all the more reason to get your resident CCW permit - but you'll have to be in AZ to do so.

Get down to Ft. Huachuca and I'll hook you up - but up on the north end of the state, I'd just suggest the same list of instructors already provided. Lots to choose from up there probably.

my main concern is that I'm military, and my home of record is AZ and i have an AZ DL, and I read thatif you're a resident of AZ you musthave an AZ CCW to carry. SO when I go home on leave, would I be considered an AZ resident still even though I'm stationed in Utah? I contacted Arizona for information, but they didn't really answer my question, so I asked again, but just wondering if anyone here might know. Thanks for your help.
If you're an AZ resident you need an AZ CCW to CCW in AZ unless you possess a valid CCW issued from a State on the AZ CCW reciprocity list; note reciprocity, not recognition. AZ is a we honor all State if you're 21 or over and not an AZ resident. You're legal to carry in Utah on any State's CCW as Utah is a we recognize all State.

Last edited:
The laws have changed so that it should no longer be necessary to take a class within Arizona. Ask Arizona DPS about it when you request an application packet.

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

I'd get just a Utah permit for now. If you come to Arizona you don't need a permit to carry concealed or open anyway. If you still want an AZ permit you will have plenty of time to get one

I do have a Utah permit but I go to Vegas alot and want an Arizona permit to pack in Nevada.I figure for me it should be easier to get an Arizona permit being I live on the Utah Arizona border..

I do have a Utah permit but I go to Vegas alot and want an Arizona permit to pack in Nevada.I figure for me it should be easier to get an Arizona permit being I live on the Utah Arizona border..

Then just send a copy of your UT permit per N(6) in post #9 above

So i just called Arizona DPS and they are sending me an application in the mail, i just have to send a copy of my utah permit,Fill out app. and finger print card and 66 dollors and i get my Arizona permit.. Too cool !! Thanks for your help and info.. That was to easy, I have a habit of making things to hard.. :)

So i just called Arizona DPS and they are sending me an application in the mail, i just have to send a copy of my utah permit,Fill out app. and finger print card and 66 dollors and i get my Arizona permit.. Too cool !! Thanks for your help and info.. That was to easy, I have a habit of making things to hard.. :)

Make that $60.......

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back