AZ firing ranges other than Caswells.

Icewind

Caswells blows. I refuse to go that place. They have nothing but A-holes working there and they get no money from me.

Now I have been to and enjoy Usery. Good line marshals without really being jerks.

Any other spots in the east Valley?

Rio Salada is a nice firing range, the only complaint I have is, when it is windy, it is very windy.

Caswells blows. I refuse to go that place. They have nothing but A-holes working there and they get no money from me.

Now I have been to and enjoy Usery. Good line marshals without really being jerks.

Any other spots in the east Valley?

I'm not arguing your point about Caswell's, but my experience is very different. I've been a member at Caswell's for several years and haven't had a bad experience yet. Regarding Caswell's RSOs, I've always found them to be professional, helpful, and mindful of enforcing safe practices...which I much appreciate. And while I don't know all their RSOs, the ones who work on the days I shoot run a safe operation.

Old Zebra I have to agree with you, I have not been there for a while becuase of sugeries, recovering, and just getting up and going. This is changing for me as next week I plan on being at Caswells as long as they still have the ranges for wheel chairs

Caswell's?

I've been using Caswell's for about 3 yrs fairly often, and have not had any negative experiences with them; in fact in my experience they've been professional and helpful. Usury Mtn and Ben Avery's both have longer ranges, but are outdoors. Shooter's World up in Phx is an indoor range that I like better, but it's farther away. The employees at Caswell's seem to be mostly Mormons, and Mormons generally creep me out, but Mesa was founded by Mormons and the population in that area is still pretty heavily that way. This is America, and even people whose religion I don't like have a right to keep & bear arms, run businesses, etc.

Not familiar with Caswell's. Ben Avery is where I spend my time. RSO's can have an attitude problem at times, the key for me is to talk to the overall range control officer if one particular RSO is a problem.

I'm with lostone. When I lived in N. AZ, we'd just drive out to the forest or desert, find a spot with obvious "nothingness" for a couple miles behind (especially if there was a large berm/hill behind,) and go to town.

I was always amazed at how fast an M1 Garand round travels. Shooting at targets 100-200 yards away, we'd hear a "PING" a couple seconds after. It took us a while to figure out it was the ricochet off the granite hill a mile beyond.

Don't forget the new Shooters World that just opened in Peoria. They have range cards on sale from time to time for just $25.00. That's half off, and you wind up paying just $5.00 an hour for range time. Not bad to shoot in the Summer when it's 112 outside. There is no limit on the cards, and they never expire.

I'm not arguing your point about Caswell's, but my experience is very different. I've been a member at Caswell's for several years and haven't had a bad experience yet. Regarding Caswell's RSOs, I've always found them to be professional, helpful, and mindful of enforcing safe practices...which I much appreciate. And while I don't know all their RSOs, the ones who work on the days I shoot run a safe operation.

+1. I have been a member for more than 3 years. I really enjoy this range.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back