AZ Application Time Question

442js

I sent an email to AZ DPS last week, and they responded last Wednesday that they were sending me an application packet. I have not received it yet. How long should it take for the packet to go out?

Thanks.

Two to four weeks. Need enough packets going out for contractor to justify cost. Not shipped out individually by the state, but by hundreds (or dozens) by a contractor.

Received my packet in about 7 working days, sent packet back had license in about 6 weeks, on call to AZ, they were sorry for delay but had a backlog, comment from AZ DPS, " We are a very gun friendly state" Got to love AZ.

Two to four weeks. Need enough packets going out for contractor to justify cost. Not shipped out individually by the state, but by hundreds (or dozens) by a contractor.

You sure about that? When I got mine last year I had the packet within 2 days of the email...that was right after they changed their law.

I had my packet in four days. I sent my application back on Oct 18th, have not heard anything yet.

I sent the same email 10/20/11...they replied on 10/21...I received the packet either 10/24 or 25.

Hmmm, I wonder what is going on then since I emailed 10/23, and I received a response from DPS saying they are mailing me a packet on 10/25. Still no application though. Probably will give it another week before I contact DPS again.

Im in Ga and I got my packet in about a weeks and the permit in about two weeks got to love Az

Two weeks to get the permit? Wow, the DPS tells me it will take about 70 days to issue the permit. I would think it wouldn't take that long since you don't need to carry a permit in AZ anymore so there probably aren't as many people applying for permits as there used to be before the law changed.

Two weeks to get the permit? Wow, the DPS tells me it will take about 70 days to issue the permit. I would think it wouldn't take that long since you don't need to carry a permit in AZ anymore so there probably aren't as many people applying for permits as there used to be before the law changed.

AZ has become the new FL for permits. They are cheaper, just as easy to obtain, and get almost identical reciprocity. Oct 2010 I got mine in exactly 2 weeks also. Now my wife is applying and they are saying processing can take 6-8 weeks...

I am a resident of AZ, sent mine in on Aug. 28th and got my permit on Oct 5th, they only have 2 women doing the processing and doing about 12,000 a month so they might be taking longer to get it back to you, but at the longest right now is about 5-6 weeks.

I mailed my completed application back from SC on Oct 18th and received my permit today in the mail. It has an issue date of 11/11/11.

I sent my app in October it was entered into system on the 19th.It was issued on the 15th of this month,and in hand as of this morning.Good turn around time.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back