Aurora Colorado shooting

cluznar

I have been sending faxes and emails to all kinds of public officials all morning. I can't help but feel lives could have been saved in Aurora if a few of those people had been carrying. with everyone on the floor someone with a concealed handgun could have had a clear shot at the killer. I believe ALL states should issue CCW Permits which are good in every state. Criminals very easily find guns, now to put guns in the hands of good citizens.

What do you think?

:big_boss:

An article I read said that the police arrived within *minutes* of the first calls. Goes to show that when seconds count, the police are just *minutes* away.

I wonder the same, though I suspect the theater posts notice on their doors keeping law-abiding citizens from arming themselves in the theater.

What is the penalty for carrying concealed in a place f business that has a sign that states no weapons?

The reason I ask is, my local movie theater has a sign on the front door, but not on the side door. A legal carrying citizen could enter that door and not be aware of the sign on the front.

After today protect yourself should be your answer, in Texas it is not illegal to carry into a theater, point is signs and laws do not stop criminal activity. As was stated, police were minutes away.

Which is exactly why we need CCW people allowed in more places. As long as the gun is concealed it will draw no attention from others and could save a life if someone gets crazy. We need guns in the hands of good citizens.
We need CCW permits good in every state.

:pleasantry:

Ironic how this happens so very close to an Arms Trade Treaty designed to disarm America. I can't help but think this has ties to it. I don't trust the govt, especially the criminal in the DOJ and the WH, as far as I can throw them. The more the govt wants us disarmed the more things like this will happen to create fear and doubt everywhere we go and we will start seeing more of the gestapo at places like theaters, restaurants, malls, schools, office buildings and supermarkets ready to give pat downs and inspect your papers. I also believe they are trying to condition the anti-gun crowd into crying out louder for elimination of firearms by setting up attacks like this. Heck maybe I am way off the mark here and the real problem is these video shooter games causing young minds to be warped. What would cause a 24 year old, apparently with no record and able to own firearms (assumption), to do something this horrific? Man, you are just not safe anywhere anymore and as long as I am alive I will be armed with or without some little piece of paper.

ability and proper mindset

I have been sending faxes and emails to all kinds of public officials all morning. I can't help but feel lives could have been saved in Aurora if a few of those people had been carrying. with everyone on the floor someone with a concealed handgun could have had a clear shot at the killer. I believe ALL states should issue CCW Permits which are good in every state. Criminals very easily find guns, now to put guns in the hands of good citizens.

What do you think?

Crowded areas, full of people can make defensive shooting difficult and offensive shooting easy. Most people hunker down and stay low but some panic and run. Throw in the facts that the shooter used gas and wore a vest. You have a situation where hundreds of paniced people are trying to stay out of the line of fire, in a low light situation, some blinded by the gas, along injured or dying victims. You are in a situation that would require an accurate head shot from a low position so your fire would not hit paniced inocents, you are in a situation where training and judgement would be critical; there should be no collateral damage from good intentioned people. Acquiring a clear target would need to be a priority, there may be those present who would be willing to make a physical attack on the shooter. One would need to be in this situation, armed, and ready to make a call. I would agree that if there were several carrying it is likely someone would have a shot, but how many could or would make a proper decision. Most CCW holders are taught that their weapon should be primarily used to protect themselves and their family, when you use a firearm and deadly force to protect the public you may do so at grave cost.

Crowded areas, full of people can make defensive shooting difficult and offensive shooting easy. Most people hunker down and stay low but some panic and run. Throw in the facts that the shooter used gas and wore a vest. You have a situation where hundreds of paniced people are trying to stay out of the line of fire, in a low light situation, some blinded by the gas, along injured or dying victims. You are in a situation that would require an accurate head shot from a low position so your fire would not hit paniced inocents, you are in a situation where training and judgement would be critical; there should be no collateral damage from good intentioned people. Acquiring a clear target would need to be a priority, there may be those present who would be willing to make a physical attack on the shooter. One would need to be in this situation, armed, and ready to make a call. I would agree that if there were several carrying it is likely someone would have a shot, but how many could or would make a proper decision. Most CCW holders are taught that their weapon should be primarily used to protect themselves and their family, when you use a firearm and deadly force to protect the public you may do so at grave cost.

So are you claiming that a law abiding citizen (or two, or three) who is/are legally armed with a concealed handgun/s could not have helped to stop this psychopath from shooting so many innocent people?

What are you saying exactly??

If you chose ABC as the first news outlet to try to claim a right wing connection step forward and claim your prize. In an earlier report ABC News suggested that the shooter was a member of the Tea Party just because he had the same name as a Tea Party member. No need to check the facts first, let's just throw out some non-varified info and see if it sticks. I wonder how much hate mail the Tea Party guy is going to get because of ABC's rush to get a scoop.

He doesn't know his facts . The only thing that could have stopped him. Someone in another room heard it and sneaked in behind him .

What do you think?

I totally agree with you cluznar, these criminals are stealing guns left and right, which is a good reason not to leave them locked up in your car. My ccw class leo instructor said he knew of a case, where the perps were marking car tires at the shooting range and when the people left if they stopped at a store, then the perp would break into the vehicle and steal the firearm.

What is the penalty for carrying concealed in a place f business that has a sign that states no weapons?

The reason I ask is, my local movie theater has a sign on the front door, but not on the side door. A legal carrying citizen could enter that door and not be aware of the sign on the front.
If they find out, you most likely will be arrested and your liscence revoked.

Meant this stupid phone

If you chose ABC as the first news outlet to try to claim a right wing connection step forward and claim your prize. In an earlier report ABC News suggested that the shooter was a member of the Tea Party just because he had the same name as a Tea Party member. No need to check the facts first, let's just throw out some non-varified info and see if it sticks. I wonder how much hate mail the Tea Party guy is going to get because of ABC's rush to get a scoop.

And above one poster here insinuated the government did it. The crazy is everywhere...

People NEED TO CARRY!!! Here is just another reason why! You never know - where, when, how, whatever - something like this will occur. I have even started carrying in my own home! My local police force told me last week to keep my house alarm system ON AT ALL TIMES, even when we are home and to keep myself and my wife armed.

Mabey I might not have been able to take the guy down if I was there, but at least I could have died with honor trying. Those people died running scared. That is not how I want to go. I feel for them. We should not be cattle lead to slaughter. We are Free men with the god given right to die standing defending ourselfs and our countrymen.

Anyone local know whether this theater had a "No Guns" policy? I live on the other side of Denver, so I never visited that theater. I can't find anything on their site. I wonder if they took it off recently to avoid emails from us.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back